Vintage Indy Cars at Monterey Historics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Indy Cars at Monterey Historics

Nice group of 1963-78 Indy cars at this year's Monterey Historics. Plenty of other cool stuff as well though sadly the explosion in values has taken a lot of great cars off the grid. I remember fields full of Ferrari GTOS & Testarossas -- not any more.

https://www.co.monterey.ca.us/home/s...28872929600000

Anyone know if there anything like that happening in the midwest?
    “Church supper with grandma and granddad, lets go out and have ourselves the best time we ever had" - John Mellencamp

Comment

I went to the Brian Redman vintage event at Road America a couple weeks ago. It’s pretty darn nice and plenty of cars can knock your socks off but I’d bet Monterey is multiple times more impressive, larger and more consistent.
      But, you still should go to the mid-summer RA-Elkhart Lake event if you are in the Midwest.

Comment

Originally posted by goner View Post
        I went to the Brian Redman vintage event at Road America a couple weeks ago. It’s pretty darn nice and plenty of cars can knock your socks off but I’d bet Monterey is multiple times more impressive, larger and more consistent.
        But, you still should go to the mid-summer RA-Elkhart Lake event if you are in the Midwest.
        Agreed. The vintage event at RA should not be missed. The only downer for me is I wish they would have more vintage Indy Cars.
        Real drivers don't need fenders!

Comment

Yep, some years they’re up, some years they’re down. Looks like a few that have been at RA are at Monterey this year.
          That’s why a person needs to go every year, the roster changes. You can tell your partner this statement is endorsed by mrs goner if you get any push back.

Comment

So looking at RA schedule it looks like 9/17 weekend, it's the Art on Wheels Vintage Weekend.
            “Church supper with grandma and granddad, lets go out and have ourselves the best time we ever had" - John Mellencamp

Comment

RA does 3 vintage events. The spring and fall events are OK.
              The best show, by far, is the Brian Redman in July.

Comment

RA does 3 vintage events. The spring and fall events are OK.
                The best show, by far, is the Brian Redman in July.
                OK thanks. Summer goes by so fast, and our summer vacation in July always seems to get in the way of other things, like the Brian Redman thing.

Comment

Yep, some years they’re up, some years they’re down. Looks like a few that have been at RA are at Monterey this year.
                  That’s why a person needs to go every year, the roster changes. You can tell your partner this statement is endorsed by mrs goner if you get any push back.
                  Used to be that Monterey was capped at 400 cars, but I don't know what it is now. I was there in 2005 and 2007...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X