Clint Brawner Mechanical Excellence Award

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clint Brawner Mechanical Excellence Award

The Clint Brawner Mechanical Excellence Award is given annually (since 1987) to an Indy 500 chief mechanic. I'm trying to obtain a complete list of the recipients of this award. Does anyone have a complete list, or know where I can find one? Or, if you don't have access to a list of all the recipients, but you know who the recipient was for a particular year, I'd be most appreciative of that information, and perhaps I can piece a list together one by one. (I know the recipients for the following years, and so I do not need them: 1988, 2003-2004, 2007, 2009-2011, 2013-2015, 2017 & 2020.) Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Early list:
    https://us.motorsport.com/indycar/ne...award/2441684/

And a few random later ones:

2021 Rick Davis CGR
    2020 Blair Julian CGR
    2017 Adam Rovazzini AA/Shank
    2015 Roy Wilderson Coyne
    2014 Mark Shamburger BHA/BBM Curb Agajanian
    2012 Brad Larsen Fisher Hartman

Comment

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it.

Comment

1987 John Buttera
        1988 Phil Krueger
        1989 Galen Fox
        1990 Dale Coyne
        1991 Darrell Soppe
        1992 Bernie Myers
        1993 ?
        1994 ?
        1995 ?
        1996 ?
        1997 Mark Weida
        1998 Brad McCanless
        1999 Kevin Hertle
        2000 Paul Murphy

Comment

Thanks, Michael!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Ferner View Post
            1988 Phil Krueger
            He drove that year.....that's pretty epic.
            http://www.honorflight.org/

Comment

One of TF's very own won it in 2007. John Jones, alias "mec". For you new folks, you missed some very funny posts back in his days
              here.

There is a recent thread somewhere about mec and some of his exploits. I told him he was in play and he came back for a few days...
              likely to redeem himself or put truths straight. I rather doubt he could do both...or would.

He could make a sailor blush and a waitress wilt. If you look up caustic in the dictionary, mec's photo is next to the word.
              ...---...

Comment

Originally posted by cheeseczar View Post
                One of TF's very own won it in 2007. John Jones, alias "mec". For you new folks, you missed some very funny posts back in his days
                here.

There is a recent thread somewhere about mec and some of his exploits. I told him he was in play and he came back for a few days...
                likely to redeem himself or put truths straight. I rather doubt he could do both...or would.

He could make a sailor blush and a waitress wilt. If you look up caustic in the dictionary, mec's photo is next to the word.
                That thread was great. I'm happy you got John to respond. We had a good time during May 2007...except for race day.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X