40 years ago today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40 years ago today

The infamous Van Scoy Diamond Mines 500, Gold/Silver Crown race at Pocono. And, Foyt's last IndyCar win as a driver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-MAQxsFKUE

(Still photos of the event in that link - didn't want anyone to get their hopes up that it contained broadcast footage.)

Pretty sure that was race was the final straw for USAC to get out of non-Indy 500 sanctioning of Indy Car races.

I didn't know until a few years ago that AJ won that race in a March. About a month later he qualified his Coyote for the Michigan 500 and crashed and almost ended his career and life.

I wonder why he didn't race the newly-minted winning March in the Michigan 500.

Comment

AJ says he liked making his own cars. He only gave it up because he couldn't compete against off the shelf cars for the cost of buying the cars.
      Racing ain't much, but workin's nothing. Richard Tharp

Lying was a no-brainer for me. Robin Miller

"I thought they booed [Danica] because she was being a complete jerk, but then they applauded for A.J. Foyt. Now I'm just confused."

The real world sucks. Ed McCullough

Comment

Originally posted by MM658 View Post
        The infamous Van Scoy Diamond Mines 500, Gold/Silver Crown race at Pocono. And, Foyt's last IndyCar win as a driver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-MAQxsFKUE

(Still photos of the event in that link - didn't want anyone to get their hopes up that it contained broadcast footage.)

Ahh the infamous piece that literally just ripped off the still photos I own and appropriated them for their own purposes. Good times. At least I got a “special thanks”.

Comment

Originally posted by lotuspoweredbyford View Post

Ahh the infamous piece that literally just ripped off the still photos I own and appropriated them for their own purposes. Good times. At least I got a “special thanks”.
          Not to mention the 20 something year old doing narration on an event about which he has no clue.
          "For in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this small planet. We all breathe the same air, we all cherish our children's future, and we are all mortal".

John Kennedy at American University 1963

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"

A. Lincoln

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X