No announcement yet.

Paul Page Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paul's book is a terrific read. He weaves his life story around each year of Indy he experienced and it works perfectly. When he has to address things like the 90s split he does so in an evenhanded way that keeps it from becoming a distraction.

His story about Sid Collins death and his reaction in the time afterwards is poignant. There are details he didn't mention in his Dinner With Racers podcast interview about that day that drive home further how traumatic it was for him and how much pressure was on him that first race.

Reading it in one day got me to go back and look up some newspaper articles about that first 500 he anchored on newspapers.com and I wish he'd mentioned this story he told to a newspaper several days before the race because I just found it incredibly funny.

"I had this horrible dream the other night. In it, the rest of the field refused to run if Salt Walther ran, and Walther refused to get out. So Salt was declared the winner and I had three hours to fill."

Comment

I just received my copy today, I'm still chugging through John Popely's Indy 500 Chronicle so I hope I can get to it before Sunday.

Comment

Amazon delivered my copy yesterday!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X