1985 Michigan 500 Pool Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1985 Michigan 500 Pool Video

For those who've been looking for this, here it is.

I hope someday someone finds the radio broadcast of this and then it would be possible to do a merge with this material.

Originally posted by Eric Paddon View Post
    For those who've been looking for this, here it is.

I hope someday someone finds the radio broadcast of this and then it would be possible to do a merge with this material.
    Now if we can only get the ever elusive 1972/1976 Indianapolis 500s.......

Comment

Originally posted by MDCSWildcats86 View Post

Now if we can only get the ever elusive 1972/1976 Indianapolis 500s.......
      72 doesn’t exist in a complete form at this point. 76 does for sure.

Comment

Isn't this the race where Ongias flips down the back stretch near turn 3

Comment

Yes it is though I can't isolate exactly where it is in the video (if this camera did catch it). I do have Mario's late race crash marked which caused him to miss Road America and saw Alan Jones fill in for him in his only CART appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Paddon View Post
            Yes it is though I can't isolate exactly where it is in the video (if this camera did catch it). I do have Mario's late race crash marked which caused him to miss Road America and saw Alan Jones fill in for him in his only CART appearance.
            I remember seeing the Ongias footage from speedweek years and years ago and I suspect its was using a clip from the feed you posted. Very cool film

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X