X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doctorindy View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B6rKP02jUU

We get a very brief glace of the White Castle at the 22:14 mark
    It was shown at the end of the 1983 abc broadcast as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Larrymgs View Post

It was shown at the end of the 1983 abc broadcast as well.

Here it is

82DA3894-F9BC-4534-9B2F-4CF8E9C7F2EB.jpeg
      Doctorindy.com

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B6rKP02jUU

We get a very brief glace of the White Castle at the 22:14 mark
        As an aside, I remember racing home from school as a kid in the late 80's/early 90's to catch Legends of the Brickyard on ESPN in May.
        Real drivers don't need fenders!

Comment

With everything shifting around that intersection, would the current day location of the White Castle now be somewhere right in front of the main gate? The gate has been shifted, putting it west of Georgetown.

Comment

When I first got out of the service in early 1973 I came back home to Southern Indiana. On week nights my buddie and I who had also just go out of the service who make unscheduled trips to the White Castle in Louisville Ky. The WC was in downtown where it was a little more than seedy. Anyway, one night we all got interested in a wino who had just bought one slider. He took his pocket knife out and cut the slider up like fine steak and ate it one piece at a time with his knife. I will always have fond thoughts of him enjoying his delicious burger. BTW we always calle White Castle the WC Lounge and sliders were called Little Belly Bombs.
            Is it May yet?
            Take me back to a world gone away-James Pankow

Comment

Originally posted by Pelican Joe View Post
              With everything shifting around that intersection, would the current day location of the White Castle now be somewhere right in front of the main gate? The gate has been shifted, putting it west of Georgetown.
              I used Google (historic images) and the screen shot from above to create an approximate location for where the White Castle building once stood.

I was really surprised where it ended up and how much the whole corner has changed.

Capture-wc.JPG
              Doctorindy.com

Comment

The sliders now, are nothing like they used to be.. the ones now that give everyone gastrointestinal issues are cheap facsimiles of the way the sliders used to be.
                Where are the Indy 500 winning cars? Visit -> http://inrd.gotdns.com/indystuff/

Comment

Originally posted by PaddockMoose View Post
                  The sliders now, are nothing like they used to be.. the ones now that give everyone gastrointestinal issues are cheap facsimiles of the way the sliders used to be.
                  The gastrointestinal issues aren't...
                  Tibi Fumus Obsidio Septum Doro

Comment

I had friends that would eat twenty at a time. Not me!!!!!!
                    Is it May yet?

Comment

When I first moved to Speedway I bought my NSSN at the First Turn Bar.
                      Is it May yet?

Comment

I used Google (historic images) and the screen shot from above to create an approximate location for where the White Castle building once stood.

I was really surprised where it ended up and how much the whole corner has changed.

Capture-wc.JPG
                        Thanks for doing this. I had done a quick comparison with an old aero shot. It is crazy how much that intersection has changed. It felt odd walking behind the main straight this year with the walkway now extending halfway onto Georgetown. I spent many years walking Georgetown Friday/Saturday from 25th to 16th and back.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X