Incoming -- A new book on the split by John Oreovicz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incoming -- A new book on the split by John Oreovicz

I don't mean to upset anyone, but a new book, "Indy Split - The Big Money Battle that Nearly Destroyed Indy Racing" by John Oreovicz is on the horizon.

Link

Sounds like an interesting read.

I enjoy ancient history.

See what I did there? 😉
    Live like Dave

Comment

Originally posted by helioseism View Post
      I don't mean to upset anyone, but a new book, "Indy Split - The Big Money Battle that Nearly Destroyed Indy Racing" by John Oreovicz is on the horizon.

Link
      I'm not upset. I believe I will pass. I am still waiting for someone to tell an accurate and unbiased story about the true split in 1978. And considering many of the principles are gone, that's not gonna happen.

Knowing Oreo's slant, it won't happen in his book about the 1996 version either.
      "For in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this small planet. We all breathe the same air, we all cherish our children's future, and we are all mortal".

John Kennedy at American University 1963

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"

A. Lincoln

Comment

May 30.

Comment

ITs CArts faults hahahahahaha

TOo dammed many strret races. TOo dammed many engine leases. To damed many forrin F1 wanna bes. ANd too damed many team owners controlling the sport. YOu dont need to spend money on a book to know that. SAve your money an buy more beer hahahahaha

Comment

US 500

I am sure he will sum that up with one photo.
            "Far better it is to dare mighty things, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat" -Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Unzerdog View Post
              US 500

I am sure he will sum that up with one photo.
              Only one photo is required good sir.
              Live like Dave

Comment

Now, which of three options of pictures available is most suitable to prove the superiority of the quality of the starting field within the of the IRL 500 over that of the field in the US500???

1) Scott Harrington spinning between the back rows of the field behind a yellow flag after running into the rear of the field at turn T3 in lap 5.
                2) Eliseo Salazar changing lanes in the warm-up lane to cut the corner and bumping into Arie Luyendyk who coincidentally ran in that piece of warm-up lane Salazar wanted to take.
                3) Eliseo Salazar pushing Davy Jones into the inside wall at ther restart of the race at lap 169?

And the winner is ........

Comment

Waldo The Cat.
                  Last edited by goner; 03-14-2021, 06:52 AM. Reason: That darned cat

Comment

Tony George.

Comment

Ha
                      ha
                      ha

and this time seriously OK?????

Originally posted by Indyote View Post
                      Now, which of three options of pictures available is most suitable to prove the superiority of the quality of the starting field within the of the IRL 500 over that of the field in the US500???

1) Scott Harrington spinning between the back rows of the field behind a yellow flag after running into the rear of the field at turn T3 in lap 5.
                      2) Eliseo Salazar changing lanes in the warm-up lane to cut the corner and bumping into Arie Luyendyk who coincidentally ran in that piece of warm-up lane Salazar wanted to take.
                      3) Eliseo Salazar pushing Davy Jones into the inside wall at ther restart of the race at lap 169?

And the winner coming from these three nominations is ........

Comment

Better late than never... said no one.

Comment

I used to feel frustrated and antagonized by Oreovicz's frustration and antagonism against Tony George , because I always believed TG was trying to do the right thing.

It will be interesting to see how Oreovicz looks back, though I doubt much has changed his mind. I almost always learn something from others' perspectives.
                          "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
                          ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

Ii am not sure I need a book to remember something i'd like to forget.
                            "Far better it is to dare mighty things, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat" -Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Belanger99 View Post

I'm not upset. I believe I will pass. I am still waiting for someone to tell an accurate and unbiased story about the true split in 1978. And considering many of the principles are gone, that's not gonna happen.

Knowing Oreo's slant, it won't happen in his book about the 1996 version either.
                              +1

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X