Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YouTuber nascarman History and his take on the 'S' word

http://www.honorflight.org/

I watched this last night. It is jarring to remember how bad Tony, Jr. is at public speaking.
    “America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Sweaty Teddy View Post
      I watched this last night. It is jarring to remember how bad Tony, Jr. is at public speaking.
      Agreed
      "Paff has been closer to the mark than anyone will give him credit for."

Richard Kimble 11/18/2010

"Paff is far more right than any of you will EVER give him credit for.

As non politically correct and un IndyCar friendly as it is, it's the truth. "

SeeuInMay 12/29/2010

Comment

Not a bad little doc. I look forward to part 2.

Comment

This is really part 2... part 1 begins in 1978... or earlier.
          I'll see YOU at the races!

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Spencer View Post
            This is really part 2... part 1 begins in 1978... or earlier.
            Though the title is misleading, the first Split in 1979 is profiled in the Talladega video

Doctorindy.com

Comment

Second Episode is up. I have enjoyed the quality of nascarman and Brock Beard's racing videos for a while and these are no exception

Comment

Originally posted by senorsoupe View Post
                Second Episode is up. I have enjoyed the quality of nascarman and Brock Beard's racing videos for a while and these are no exception
                Yeah, they are really talented
                "Paff has been closer to the mark than anyone will give him credit for."

Richard Kimble 11/18/2010

"Paff is far more right than any of you will EVER give him credit for.

As non politically correct and un IndyCar friendly as it is, it's the truth. "

SeeuInMay 12/29/2010

Comment

These are both very well done. An even-handed look at the dark days for open wheel fans.
                  I ride tandem/with the random/Things don't run the way I planned them.
                  Peter Gabriel, "Humdrum"

Comment

Really well done. No matter which side you were on, you could understand why there were concerns by the other side. Shame neither side could walk away from the abyss and rehashed their differences behind closed doors.

Comment

Originally posted by RacingPortaJohn View Post
                      Interesting. I'm told here that Indycar wasn't Jeff's goal. 15:09 mark suggests otherwise.
                      Center Grove Trojans
                      2008 5A Football State Champs
                      2015 6A Football State Champs
                      2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                      2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

There is a lot of interesting IndyCar content from Nascarman. The Pocono retrospective and the story of the first USAC/CART split are are as good as this series. Can't wait for Part 3.
                        “America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Sweaty Teddy View Post
                          There is a lot of interesting IndyCar content from Nascarman. The Pocono retrospective and the story of the first USAC/CART split are are as good as this series. Can't wait for Part 3.
                          I know it started out as a NASCAR youtube channel, but they do some really good content on Indycar as well, even if that isn't their main focus.

Comment

The videos contain half-truths and distortions. A notable example: Mid-Ohio's inclusion on USAC's 1980 champ car calendar had nothing to do with the politics over the control of Indy car racing and everything to do with facility-sponsor Jim Trueman's insecurities, according to people involved. The insecure Trueman demanded an Indy car race; Mid-Ohio founder Les Griebling indulged him. Trueman said he thought the race would make him look like somebody.
                            Last edited by editor; 02-01-2021, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Not sure how you know what someone's inner thoughts and motivations are, but okay. I wouldn't think someone avoiding such assumptions is a distortion or half-truth.
                              Vive la Republique.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X