2002 Indy 500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 Indy 500

Has it ever been proven that Alex Barron would not have had to stop for fuel if Scheckter did not hit the turn 4 wall and it went green to the finish?
    "Paff has been closer to the mark than anyone will give him credit for."

Richard Kimble 11/18/2010

"Paff is far more right than any of you will EVER give him credit for.

As non politically correct and un IndyCar friendly as it is, it's the truth. "

SeeuInMay 12/29/2010

Barron went 34 laps on his second to last pit window. Then he pitted on lap 165 (35 to go). On paper, perhaps. But after the race, he said there was a sensor problem that slowed him down in that last stint anyway.

ALEX BARRON (No. 44 Rayovac Blair Racing Dallara/Chevrolet/Firestone): “This was just a great opportunity with the Rayovac car and Blair Racing. What can I say? Without them I wouldn’t be here. Our engineer called it just right. The track came to us on the car, and I could go flat out on the track, which was just awesome. We kept moving up, but then pit strategy played with us a little bit. On the last restart we had a sensor problem, like a crank trigger or something, and it just wouldn’t accelerate. Once the thing got wound up, it started to pick up speed more and more. Then we were able to start moving forward, but unfortunately it was a little late. I thought we were going to go for the win at the end, but then the sensor started picking up, and we started dropping off. Actually, we dropped about 5 mph, but it’s great for us in our rookie season at the Indy 500.”
    Doctorindy.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X