Coyote Restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A valid question.
    To a historian, the car is probably of little relevance.
    It was never completed by Foyt, much less raced.
    I just think it’s neat that it’s getting finished.
    In my opinion it’s one of the best looking models of the era, and there’s not that many of them out there.
    To me the Coyote exemplifies AJ’s desire to do it himself at the end of the time span when that was possible
    Designed by Bob Riley, with input and modifications by AJ, chassis built by the team and motor by Howard Gilbert and Jack Starnes, driven by Supertex.
    “With the help of God and true friends, I come to realize
    I still got two strong legs, even wings to fly
    I ain’t wastin’ time no more...”

Comment

Originally posted by jandj View Post
      He went with the Parnelli until the last Coyote was built.
      In Bob Riley’s book he says the aero worked too well, they couldn’t get springs strong enough to keep it from bottoming.
      Eventually they cut holes in the floorpan as a stopgap measure.
      Jack Starnes told AJ if they had the right springs nobody would have touched them.
      As a gag gift AJ was given a set of springs off a railroad car for Christmas.
      This is the '81 car right? Yes, that car was a beauty, and had huge potential. Riley tried to improve on the Lotus 79-Chaparral 2K evolution with a very low profile for high-speed oval racing. But it was hurriedly put together, and first moved on it's first practice day in May. It's one of the lowest-slung cars I saw until the unloved '86 Brabham. I know it was built with A.J. in mind, but I wonder how well he fit in it.
      "Thank God for the fortune to be here, to be an American."--Alan Kulwicki, 11/15/92

Comment

Originally posted by dalz View Post

This is the '81 car right? Yes, that car was a beauty, and had huge potential. Riley tried to improve on the Lotus 79-Chaparral 2K evolution with a very low profile for high-speed oval racing. But it was hurriedly put together, and first moved on it's first practice day in May. It's one of the lowest-slung cars I saw until the unloved '86 Brabham. I know it was built with A.J. in mind, but I wonder how well he fit in it.
        low slung....

Did you ever saw the 1990 March-Porsche 90P ????

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X