Pietro Fittipaldi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pietro Fittipaldi

I posed this question in the F1 forum, but thought I would put it out here, too.

When Pietro Fittipaldi starts Sakhir Grand Prix he will be the 4th member of his family to start a GP.

His grandfather Emmo, his great uncle Wilson, and his 1st cousin once removed Christian have all gone before him.

Has any other family had that many members start a GP?

The Brabham family would have had 3 members (Jack, David, and Gary).
    Real drivers don't need fenders!

Originally posted by Pelican Joe View Post
    I posed this question in the F1 forum, but thought I would put it out here, too.

When Pietro Fittipaldi starts Sakhir Grand Prix he will be the 4th member of his family to start a GP.

His grandfather Emmo, his great uncle Wilson, and his 1st cousin once removed Christian have all gone before him.

Has any other family had that many members start a GP?

The Brabham family would have had 3 members (Jack, David, and Gary).
    Although The Brabham's only had 2 starters.

A number have had 2, the Andretti's, the Villeneuve's, the Hills, the Rosbergs, the Fabi's

The Schumachers will have 3 but 4 will be a record

Comment

The Winkelhocks, Manfred, Markus & Joachim, although Joachim never actually started a GP.

The Villeneuves had 3.
      My hovercraft is full of eels.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Roberts View Post
        The Winkelhocks, Manfred, Markus & Joachim, although Joachim never actually started a GP.

The Villeneuves had 3.
        I had forgotten that Jacques Villeneuve I had a couple entries in the early 80's, but looks like he never started a GP.

Comment

Originally posted by senorsoupe View Post

A number have had 2, the Andretti's, the Villeneuve's, the Hills, the Rosbergs, the Fabi's

A few more who had 2 starts: the Piquet's, the Senna's, the Magnussen's, the Verstappen's, the Nakajima's, the Palmer's.

Comment

Originally posted by Pelican Joe View Post

A few more who had 2 starts: the Piquet's, the Senna's, the Magnussen's, the Verstappen's, the Nakajima's, the Palmer's.
            Adding

The Stewarts (Jackie and Jimmy)
            The Scheckters(Jody and Ian)
            Delta Force Theme... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQUeQOIlcDM You're Welcome

Comment

Theodore, Andre and Teddy Pilette, the first three-generation racing family. Though, Andre pre-dates the WDC F1 era.
              "Versions of a story that are more tidy, compact, and camera-ready should generally be viewed as historically suspect." - Jackson Landers

Comment

Lucien and Jules (his grandnephew) Bianchi
                Pedro and Ricardo Rodriguez

Comment

Jean Louis Schlesser of 1988 Italian GP "fame" is the nephew of Jo Schlesser who died in the 1968 French GP.
                  My hovercraft is full of eels.

Comment

Alfred Moss (Indianapolis) and Aileen Moss (Brooklands), the parents of Stirling Moss and Pat Moss (rallies) but not in the same class as the Fittipaldis.
                    How many Unsers raced?
                    Duncan Rollo

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.

Comment

Hans Stuck, the pre-war Auto-Union driver, his son Hans-Joachim Stuck drove for March, Brabham, ATS, and Shadow, and his grandsons Johannes and Ferdinand Stuck became race drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Type View Post
                        How many Unsers raced?
                        All of them I think.

Live like Dave

Comment

Are we only counting direct family members? Because Max Papis is Emmo's son-in-law, which would make it five in the Fittipaldi extended family.
                          “America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

The Hills (Graham and Damon).
                            It's a Hoosier thing, you wouldn't understand...

Comment

Originally posted by senorsoupe View Post

Schumachers could equal that this decade. Ralf's son is racing in F3.
                              Some fans claim one series or another runs "real race cars." What's everybody else running, fake race cars? :confused:

INDYCAR - NOW IZODIER THAN EVER!

my blog ... I'm not a big fat woodchuck, I'm THE big fat woodchuck.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X