The small F1 team appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by editor View Post

Bruno Giacomelli was one of the knowledgeable persons who said F2 worked against him. Giacomelli developed a reputation in F2 as being a mentally weak driver who required an inordinate amount of coddling. It was said he could work only with March's Robin Herd. All said Giacomelli's dominating Monaco F3 victory in 1976 was more important, bringing him to the attention of powerful sponsors and teams. At the time, the Monaco F3 race was renowned for making or breaking drivers. Ferrari made Giacomelli an offer which he rejected.

March's Atlantic-based 772P was a standard-bearer in other drivers' hands. That car rescued the program. The 782 was derived from the 772P.

I started following international racing seriously in 1978 or thereabout so I do remember the F2 season of Bruno, I didn't know he won F3 in '76, though I do know the importance of that event back then already. While March literature I have only deals with the F1 and Indycars, not with the F2 and other cars.
    Thanks for filling in some gaps. much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Indyote View Post

I started following international racing seriously in 1978 or thereabout so I do remember the F2 season of Bruno, I didn't know he won F3 in '76, though I do know the importance of that event back then already. While March literature I have only deals with the F1 and Indycars, not with the F2 and other cars.
      You're quite welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Indyote View Post

http://www.marchives.com/

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X