1995 Tasman Motorsports question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 Tasman Motorsports question

Whatever happened to Scott Goodyear's 1995 Reynard 95I-Honda?

After a quick search online, I found two 95i Reynards for sale. One that had belonged to Della Penna and raced in the IRL in '96 by Richie Hearn and the other was Derrick Walker's and raced in CART in '95 by Robbie Gordon. Couldn't find any mention of Goodyear's 95I chassis.

Comment

Are the records of the cars in the '96 500 available? Was it in the '96 race? That might yield more information.
      "Thank God for the fortune to be here, to be an American."--Alan Kulwicki, 11/15/92

Comment

Don't ask me how I made the connection because at this moment I don't know where I found it.

But my chassis record tells me that Goodyear's '95 chassis had yet another sad outing in 1996: being the one that was qualified for the race by Johnny Unser who only qualified for the race but never started it due to transmission failure.
        It was converted into an XB powered car.

But I am happy to be corrected if other people have different data.

Comment

Can you share those chassis records with us. Im particulary interested in 1996 field, and would like to know the origins of each car.

For now I know that 1995 Scott Goodyear Reynard is 1996 Johnny Unser Reynard

And that 1995 Christian Fittipaldi Reynard is 1996 Buzz Calkins Reynard

Comment

Originally posted by The JP View Post
            After a quick search online, I found two 95i Reynards for sale. One that had belonged to Della Penna and raced in the IRL in '96 by Richie Hearn and the other was Derrick Walker's and raced in CART in '95 by Robbie Gordon. Couldn't find any mention of Goodyear's 95I chassis.
            Question is which Della Penna chassis, there were at least two. Hearn's '96-er was Matsushita's 95'er, the second car has no '95 race history but was driven on year later by Scott Harrington.
            So which one? In case you have a chassis number????

Gordon's 95'er chassis you mention might have been Groff's '96'er, depending on the fact if the chassis in question was raced by Gordon at Indy or not. But there is a Walker owned chassis that drove in both the '95 (Gordon) and '96 (Groff) 500's.
            Again, a chassis number would help.

Comment

Originally posted by aston View Post
              Can you share those chassis records with us. Im particulary interested in 1996 field, and would like to know the origins of each car.

For now I know that 1995 Scott Goodyear Reynard is 1996 Johnny Unser Reynard

And that 1995 Christian Fittipaldi Reynard is 1996 Buzz Calkins Reynard

I can't confirm the latter unless it was Christian's backup car in 1995. but at least on the list I have access to, assuming that it is correct of course, the numbers for the entries you give don't match

Comment

Can you please post the spreadsheet

Comment

Originally posted by Indyote View Post

Question is which Della Penna chassis, there were at least two. Hearn's '96-er was Matsushita's 95'er, the second car has no '95 race history but was driven on year later by Scott Harrington.
                  So which one? In case you have a chassis number????

Gordon's 95'er chassis you mention might have been Groff's '96'er, depending on the fact if the chassis in question was raced by Gordon at Indy or not. But there is a Walker owned chassis that drove in both the '95 (Gordon) and '96 (Groff) 500's.
                  Again, a chassis number would help.
                  Indyote, I can't remember where my online search took me and don't have any other information than what I posted. Definitely didn't have any chassis numbers, sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by The JP View Post

Indyote, I can't remember where my online search took me and don't have any other information than what I posted. Definitely didn't have any chassis numbers, sorry!
                    OK, thanks for telling anyway. :up:

Comment

Originally posted by aston View Post
                      Can you please post the spreadsheet
                      I am sorry but I can't do that.
                      By far the most of it was created by other people than me and I have been able to add only a few data myself. It would not feel good towards my buddies with who I try to update this list to give all of that away without their approval.

Comment

There is a blog article out there worth looking at

https://champweb.net/the-cars-of-the...dy-500-part-1/
                        https://champweb.net/the-cars-of-the...dy-500-part-2/
                        https://champweb.net/the-cars-of-the...dy-500-part-3/
                        Doctorindy.com

Comment

A very impressive piece of research.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...