Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dale Jr. hosts Lost Speedways on Peacock: A great watch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dale Jr. hosts Lost Speedways on Peacock: A great watch!

There’s 8 episodes and I’ve caught the first three and they are as cool as they sound. The channel and episodes are free and you can get Peacock on many different platforms. I found it on my Roku. You may be able to get it on an iPad, I haven’t figured that out yet.
    Has anyone else seen any of them yet?

https://www.peacocktv.com/watch-onli...17463726854112
    "Charging a man with murder here was like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500."- Capt. Willard, Apocolypse Now
    "Ain't nuthin' like [being with a woman], 'cept maybe the Indy 500."- Bunny, Platoon
    "To alcohol! The cause of- and solution to- all of life's problems."- Homer J. Simpson

Binge watched them all in 1 weekend enjoyed it.
    Chicago Cubs 2016 World Series Champions

Comment

I think it's on all the platforms except Amazon Fire.
      Some fans claim one series or another runs "real race cars." What's everybody else running, fake race cars? :confused:

INDYCAR - NOW IZODIER THAN EVER!

my blog ... I'm not a big fat woodchuck, I'm THE big fat woodchuck.

Comment

Saw the one about Metrolina. Dale Jr gets it

I know where it is and that property has been swallowed up and surrounded by Charlotte. No way it could be a race track now. They'd get noise complaints every week

Live like Dave

Comment

Originally posted by WatsonRoadster9 View Post
          Binge watched them all in 1 weekend enjoyed it.
          Ha, i binged them all in one 8 hour stretch. I watched Jungle Park twice.

Junior definately gets it.

I was born 20 years too late.

Hey y'all, i have a great idea. Lets put the still under turn 3 and sell shine out of a fake ticket booth.....classic.
          "Far better it is to dare mighty things, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat" -Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

I hope it’s popular enough that they do some more episodes about tracks in other parts of the country.
            Nothing left of the track my grandpa raced on in the ‘50s as the Mississippi River has flooded it many times since it closed around ‘65, but I know where it was.
            "Charging a man with murder here was like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500."- Capt. Willard, Apocolypse Now
            "Ain't nuthin' like [being with a woman], 'cept maybe the Indy 500."- Bunny, Platoon
            "To alcohol! The cause of- and solution to- all of life's problems."- Homer J. Simpson

Comment

There are a lot of great/interesting lost tracks around. Mine is Hales Corners Speedway, which was the only dirt track in Milwaukee County. Opened in 1948, it was closed at the end of the 2003 season. Victim of urban sprawl and too many people complaining about the noise (I mean come on, you bought a house by a race track...what did you expect). Torn down and replaced with a Menards. Track was 1/3 mile clay oval and over the years a lot of the great passed through. My dad tells a story about going to a Saturday night race back in the 60's and sitting next to J.C. and Parnelli.
              Real drivers don't need fenders!

Comment

Made the trek up 45 from IL to see races at Hales Corners many times. As for Dale Jr.'s show, I think they took an amazingly interesting subject and did a mediocre job. Still well worth watching though.
                “Church supper with grandma and granddad, lets go out and have ourselves the best time we ever had" - John Mellencamp

Comment

It is not a super funded project. They film and produce it themselves, more of a grass roots effort.

The quality is amazing with that taken into consideration.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat" -Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

I've watched 4-5 and it's OK not great. From the buildup I thought this was what Junior was doing when not on NBC races but it's mostly him producing and Matthew Dillner doing the show. It's on Peacock owned by NBC, heavily promoted on the races, it's not some glorified home movie.I hope he can keep it going and move around the country.

Chicago was home to a number of well known tracks. O'Hare Stadium was by the airport and I believe Fred Lorenzen raced there, Sante Fe Speedway was in Hinsdale, Raceway Park was in Blue Island, they raced at Soldier Field where the Bears play, Meadowdale Raceway was a fine road course in Carpentersville that's now Raceway Woods Forest Preserve but some of the track is still there.
                    "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
                    "They're criminals"
                    "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

Comment

I walked around the property where Langhorne Speedway was around 20 years ago. Much of the land was big retail stores but there was a large still undeveloped portion behind the stores which would have been backstretch and infield.

No traces of the Speedway remain that I could tell.
                      Live like Dave

Comment

He should go to Manassas and find Old Dominion.

I think it is underneath a Walmart parking lot.

He could knock that one out while pumping gas on the way to Pennsylvania

Nazareth has to be done. There is plenty left to look at and alot to talk about there. Its a pisser, but needs to be done. And soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Unzerdog View Post
                          He should go to Manassas and find Old Dominion.

I think it is underneath a Walmart parking lot.

He could knock that one out while pumping gas on the way to Pennsylvania

Nazareth has to be done. There is plenty left to look at and alot to talk about there. Its a pisser, but needs to be done. And soon.
                          I think all that remains of the dirt half mile at Nazareth is a light pole or two that was never removed. Theres still a remnant of the wall from when the original dirt mile was built in the late 60s. It was originally a 1.125 mile and later shortened to a true mile in the early 80s.
                          Live like Dave

Comment

I haven’t watched any episodes yet, but it will be way more interesting if it features ruins of old tracks rather than Walmart parking lots where racetracks used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken-Paul View Post
                              I haven’t watched any episodes yet, but it will be way more interesting if it features ruins of old tracks rather than Walmart parking lots where racetracks used to be.
                              I saw one episode. It was literally a race track being taken back by nature.
                              Live like Dave

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X