Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glass Half Full
    replied
    I made note of it to Mrs. GHF as we passed by last weekend driving to Lot 1A. Thanks to the posters in this thread who pointed it out and relayed some of the history, as that made it all the more special for me as I eyeballed it while heading west on 16th street. Oh, the days of yore... I can only imagine!

Leave a comment:

• Truth Detector
    replied
    There are a couple used tire stores every block it seems. I can't fathom there is that much demand for used tires so I'm guessing it is a front for money laundering.

Leave a comment:

• indysteve
    replied
    Originally posted by TDIndy500 View Post
    Was watching one of the crime shows last year. Much to my surprise there was a murder in the close to Club Venus in the early morning at 5:30 or so. The police downloaded the parking lot video and caught the guy.
    Nathan Trapuzzano, 24, was murdered in the parking lot of the tire store just east of the former White Front on April 1, 2014, while out for his morning walk. His only child was born three weeks after his death. His assailant - 16 at the time of the murder, 18 at his sentencing - showed no remorse when Nathan's widow said she forgave him at his sentencing hearing. With time off for good behavior, he will be eligible for parole in 2047.

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/...-shop/7149401/

Leave a comment:

• Pole Day
    replied
    Originally posted by Turn13 View Post
    Some quality potential CBD locations across the street, too: 20200915_091008.jpg20200915_091015.jpg
    I can see the real estate ad, just needs some TLC

Leave a comment:

• Truth Detector
    replied
    Originally posted by TDIndy500 View Post

It was Club Venus when I walked by....
    That was its most recent business. Immediately after the White Front closed it was turned into a gay bar. Made for an awkward May when the Harley crowd showed up unaware.

Leave a comment:

• TDIndy500
    replied
    Was watching one of the crime shows last year. Much to my surprise there was a murder in the close to Club Venus in the early morning at 5:30 or so. The police downloaded the parking lot video and caught the guy.

Leave a comment:

• TDIndy500
    replied
    Originally posted by Truth Detector View Post

White Front was a strip club when I went.
    It was Club Venus when I walked by....

Leave a comment:

• Hardscrabble
    replied
    Originally posted by Doctorindy View Post

It would be neat if someone would buy it and fix it up...the potential is there. The place is the stuff of legend.

I fear though that the location is enough to dissuade any investor. If it had been on the other side of the railroad tracks....excuse the cliché, but nevertheless descriptive...it might have more potential to thrive and survive. Plus with all the popular establishments along Main Street, the former location of the White Front is too far away to draw a connection to that area.
    Nothing Mina and Karen couldn't handle on a "very special" HGTV Good Bones...

Leave a comment:

• dalz
    replied
    Buy it and revive another defunct Speedway area landmark...the Wild Cherry.

Leave a comment:

• Belanger99
    replied
    I'm all for acquiring it and turning it into the Turn 13 Cabaret.....A better name than Club Venus. 😀

Leave a comment:

• Truth Detector
    replied
    Originally posted by KevMcNJ View Post
    Is that close to the Taco Bell where a driver got robbed a few years ago?

West of the Speedway on 16th/Georgetown is a little shopworn in places.

East? I try not to go East if at all possible.

Locals feel free to tell me its not as bad as I think it is.
    In Turn13's picture of CBD locations the fenced in lot to the right is the Sport Spot. There is a bar under the same roof. Immediately east of that bar is the infamous former Taco Bell.

Leave a comment:

• goner
    replied
    Buy the place and fix it up. Be the first to gentrify.
    Example: E. 10th and Woodruff Place, city chef celeb Jonathon Brooks goes to an old gas station garage. Tah dah, the neighborhood is rising from the ashes. Well, sorta. It wasn’t in ashes. People told me Speedway Main Street would fail. Nope. It can happen here too.

Leave a comment:

• The JP
    replied

It is east of the Speedway across the tracks. I try not to stop until I get to Long's Donuts. It's not a great neighborhood but it's not like the Combat Zone in Detroit either.

Leave a comment:

• Jamski
    replied

DriverS. And not just any drivers...Dixon and Franchitti.

Leave a comment:

• KevMcNJ
    replied

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X