McLaren M24 Chassis History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ACCP View Post

I saw an M24 at the Donington Park Collection in the First National City livery back in 2017. The museum has sadly since closed so I don't know the current whereabouts of it. I'll kick myself for not having taken more photos - the Senna cars and PC27 were distracting (and more of my era).

DSCN3258 by Cale Putnam, on Flickr
    I visited the Donington Grand Prix Collection back in 2005. What a museum.

Out of all the McLarens they had on display at that time, the only Indianapolis car I recall seeing in that section was the Carl Williams M15.

“America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Slowly but surely, we are inching closer to understanding the McLaren M24s. I am very grateful to everyone who has posted information here, especially "Pelican Joe".

Although there are still a number of issues to resolve, I have posted a review on OldRacingCars.com of where we have reached.
      https://www.oldracingcars.com/mclaren/m24/

Any new information, or corrections to what has been done so far, would be most welcome.
      OldRacingCars.com

Comment

Great photos - thanks for posting. Really enjoying the conversation.
        And don't forget the heat!

Comment

Good thread, guys. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Allen Brown View Post
            Slowly but surely, we are inching closer to understanding the McLaren M24s. I am very grateful to everyone who has posted information here, especially "Pelican Joe".

Although there are still a number of issues to resolve, I have posted a review on OldRacingCars.com of where we have reached.
            https://www.oldracingcars.com/mclaren/m24/

Any new information, or corrections to what has been done so far, would be most welcome.
            Great stuff, Allen. Thank you for pulling all of this information together. It seems like a lifetime ago that we started this conversation, but it's really great seeing the pieces falling into place.
            Real drivers don't need fenders!

Comment

Originally posted by Pelican Joe View Post
              The car Sneva is pictured with is M24B-002, which went to Wayne Woodward and John O’Hanlon in 1980. The car still sported remnants of its 1979 Budweiser livery. They had quite a few drivers in the car.
              Yes he did. Cliff Hucul drove it at Milwaukee in 1980 (the last CART race I attended) and he did right well with it too...qualified 12th and ran 7th. Split the Sneva brothers, in fact.
              You've worked so hard on the kidney. Very special -- the kidney has a very special place in the heart. It's an incredible thing. Donald John Trump

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X