youtube gorging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• youtube gorging

With the lack of new racing to view, I've been gorging on Youtube's supply of vintage and nostalgia videos. My go-to has been Goodwood revivals, Le Mans Classics, Bakersfield March meet, Silverstone classics etc. What I found out is that the racing in the so-called nostalgia series is actually better than the current professional categories. They race hard but clean and let the cars showcase themselves.

Vintage races are the inverse of simulator racing. The real world consequences, in terms of safety and value of the cars, are far greater than modern racing compared to the almost zero consequence E racing. Never the less the vintage guys flog those (multi) million dollar cars around like they're a $10,000 spec mobile.

I love the old big GT cars sliding around Goodwood, the drivers just giving them all they've got. We need less traction in modern racing.
    "He went into a tire barrier, which is certainly the nicest of all the barriers." -Bobby Unser, Denver '90

Comment

A96DE886-780A-40FE-944D-062AC392F6F7.jpeg At least a decade ago one of those Goodwood guys in a vintage front-engine F1 took a tumble on the front straight and got flung out high into the air like those classic shots of ‘40s-‘50s sprint car drivers sailing out of their cars. Incredibly he survived.
      "Charging a man with murder here was like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500."- Capt. Willard, Apocolypse Now
      "Ain't nuthin' like [being with a woman], 'cept maybe the Indy 500."- Bunny, Platoon
      "To alcohol! The cause of- and solution to- all of life's problems."- Homer J. Simpson

Comment

It was in the year 2000
        Nigel Corner was lucky to survive this horror crash at the Goodwood Revival in 2000. The incredible photograph above was captured by Jeff Bloxam and below Alain de Cadenet talks us through the moment when Nigel ...
        "Charging a man with murder here was like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500."- Capt. Willard, Apocolypse Now
        "Ain't nuthin' like [being with a woman], 'cept maybe the Indy 500."- Bunny, Platoon
        "To alcohol! The cause of- and solution to- all of life's problems."- Homer J. Simpson

Comment

There are some amazing Goodwood races and it is good to see such a variety of cars battling it out. It's hard to believe how hard they drive them given how much they are worth and how hard they would be to replace or rebuild.

Comment

I watched all the CART races from 1983-01. I also found some good footage of late 60's-early 70's USAC champ cars, including Rafaela which I'd never seen before. I tried looking for the ESPN "500 Miles Apart" special about The Happening That Cannot Be Named, but it must have gotten removed.

Comment

Originally posted by 1987Carzan View Post
              I watched all the CART races from 1983-01. I also found some good footage of late 60's-early 70's USAC champ cars, including Rafaela which I'd never seen before. I tried looking for the ESPN "500 Miles Apart" special about The Happening That Cannot Be Named, but it must have gotten removed.
              http://www.honorflight.org/

Comment

Incredible picture, I wonder if he decided to retire while up there.
                “Church supper with grandma and granddad, lets go out and have ourselves the best time we ever had" - John Mellencamp

Comment

Originally posted by RacingPortaJohn View Post
                  Thanks man, I don't why I couldn't track it down.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X