Past 500 sponsors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Past 500 sponsors

I was looking at the 500 Photo Gallery for 1978 today and noticed a sponsor on a few cars called Tibon? What was/is Tibon? Sounds like a gas station brand to me.

I looked in Google Photo. Strange, they show pictures of steaks. T-bone steaks.

==

Comment

I believe it was the Tibon Plating Company. They did (and maybe still do) chrome plating. Car was owned by Carl Gehlhausen.
      Real drivers don't need fenders!

Comment

This reminds me of some videos doctorindy posted some time ago featuring, amongst other things, the Genesee Beer Wagon sponsored Steve Chassey car (1985). In name it reminded me of Hinch's 2020 '500 sponsor, Genesys.

An outstanding video, BTW, particularly if listened to with headphones to hear that NA V8 ROAR! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5WBTCak2jA
        Last edited by Glass Half Full; 03-11-2020, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Kinda recent for nostalgia, but a few years ago some of the Andretti cars had "Live" quite prominently on them. I wondered what that was. Curiously the word was written in the same font as the similarity named rock band. Certainly a band wouldn't sponsor Indycars...would they?
          You have the IndyCar you deserve.

Comment

You mean, like Aerosmith?

16591.jpg?itok=U_D3mRzg.jpg
            You've worked so hard on the kidney. Very special -- the kidney has a very special place in the heart. It's an incredible thing. Donald John Trump

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation

Comment

Well, uh, there's that....

I like Live anyway.
              You have the IndyCar you deserve.

Comment

https://youtu.be/UzHJjeC4c1U

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X