Trivia question: anyone know an answer on this one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stick500 View Post
    How brutal to put so much time, effort and money into your personal project and then to only watch it fail on the track. Well, I guess that's racing (at least the way it used to be).
    Well it happened to the best: That very same year Penske had to dump the PC12 after 2 races as well and raced with Marches from Indy on.

Comment

Originally posted by Indyote View Post

Well it happened to the best: That very same year Penske had to dump the PC12 after 2 races as well and raced with Marches from Indy on.
      Happened to Penske in 1995. They spent tons of money trying to make the show. That was the beauty of Indy, no guarantees.

But I'm not sure it's much different than other sports. Team owners can spend money, athletes can put in hours of hard work and it can all go to heck in a handbasket.
      "For in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this small planet. We all breathe the same air, we all cherish our children's future, and we are all mortal".

John Kennedy at American University 1963

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"

A. Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Automotive View Post
        There was a true sports chassis. Didn’t that not make the race?
        Spike, where the he77 are you? You missed the chance.... DID that not make the race.....
        No signature required

Comment

https://youtu.be/xcanKYWWIco
          "Lead,follow or get the hell out of the way!

Lee Iacocca

Comment

This was my view of the DSR-1 during practice at Long Beach.

LB8418.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Indyote View Post

Originally posted by Belanger99 View Post

Happened to Penske in 1995. They spent tons of money trying to make the show. That was the beauty of Indy, no guarantees.

But I'm not sure it's much different than other sports. Team owners can spend money, athletes can put in hours of hard work and it can all go to heck in a handbasket.

'95 was of course the ultimate failure for Team Penske.

That I didn't mention it in my post you reacted upon, but only mentioned the '84 PC12 disaster is because, as far as I could figure out, Team Penske did not run the PC12 anymore that year but retained the March 84's, Correct me if I'm wrong in that. And Shierson Racing did pretty much the same that year but then with retaining Lola's and shelving the DSR. (again correct me if I'm wrong)
              But in '95 after the Indy failure, Team Penske went on to finish off the season with the very same PC24's that let them down so much at Indy. And Al jr lost out on the CART title that year with 11 points less than Jacques Villeneuve and one less race started that season. So his average point score for each race he did start was better than that of the Champ. No certainty that starting at Indy would have earned him the title but still ....

One could say about the same as for PC12 in '84 for PC16 and '87. But though the PC12 never made it to Indy, at least the '87 PC16 did, only to be canned over there and from then on.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X