1979 Milwaukee 150 Finish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1979 Milwaukee 150 Finish

This disappeared from YT some time ago and since I was the one who first obtained this video and put it into circulation, I've put it up on my YT channel. ABC World News Sunday's sports segment shows first a brief recap clip of the 24 Hours of Le Mans and then does a one minute recap of that day's USAC Milwaukee 150 won by A.J. Foyt showing the final lap of the race as Keith Jackson summarizes.

ABC had carried the race live but there had been a rain delay that may have prevented ABC from showing the finish, thus necessitating this quick recap showing the end on the evening news so if the original broadcast ever does surface at least we can paste it together with this!

Sports anchor Dan Lovett mentions at the very end the competing CART race at Trenton that day though no clips are shown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyc4ezZRgEo

I wish the whole thing was available. I was at that race and had a blast. No, it wasn't an all-time classic, but it was the first IndyCar race I ever went to that wasn't Indy. Somewhere I DO have some super 8 films I took. Not sure how viable they'd be after forty years though.
    You've worked so hard on the kidney. Very special -- the kidney has a very special place in the heart. It's an incredible thing. Donald John Trump

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski View Post
      I wish the whole thing was available. I was at that race and had a blast. No, it wasn't an all-time classic, but it was the first IndyCar race I ever went to that wasn't Indy. Somewhere I DO have some super 8 films I took. Not sure how viable they'd be after forty years though.

I was at that race also plus the 200 miler later in the year. A blast although the 200 miler turned out to be a better race.

Comment

Originally posted by stockblock View Post

I was at that race also plus the 200 miler later in the year. A blast although the 200 miler turned out to be a better race.
        Yup, I was at the second one too. Wish I still had the pictures I took, but at least I can say I got to see Roger McCluskey's last win! Although I would've cheered a lot louder for Bigelow's first...
        You've worked so hard on the kidney. Very special -- the kidney has a very special place in the heart. It's an incredible thing. Donald John Trump

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski View Post

Yup, I was at the second one too. Wish I still had the pictures I took, but at least I can say I got to see Roger McCluskey's last win! Although I would've cheered a lot louder for Bigelow's first...
          I remember the guy sitting behind us at the second race when Foyt dropped out around lap 90. He yelled "Now we got a race" !
          McCluskey vs Bigelow.
          I too wish i had the pictures i took. I had taken a picture of every single car... Somehow i lost them over the years.

Comment

I got this added to the Season Archive Viewer over on IndyCar. Thank you.
            Barney Oldfield - AJ Foyt - Jim Clark - Dan Gurney - IMS - IMS YT - INDYCAR - INDYCAR YT

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X