New Indy 500 Book - "The race to make the race" by Greg Littleton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Indy 500 Book - "The race to make the race" by Greg Littleton

Does anyone have info on the book out now about the month of May daily activities from the 60s? I saw something about it on Facebook a while back but can’t find it now.
    "You just don't know what Indy Means", Al Unser Jr.

"That's why to me it does feel more precious when an American wins it...", Michael Andretti

Can it be "The race to make the race" by Greg Littleton?

https://theracetomaketherace.com/
    Last edited by Indyote; 12-26-2019, 05:19 AM.

Comment

That's it!! Thank you!
      "You just don't know what Indy Means", Al Unser Jr.

"That's why to me it does feel more precious when an American wins it...", Michael Andretti

Comment

Originally posted by kevin99 View Post
        That's it!! Thank you!
        My pleasure.

I haven't seen it yet but if it is as good as the book Littleton did together with Bill Enoch on the Roadsters was, perhaps I should not wait too long with ordering it.
        But I have heard that sending it to Europe is about as expensive as the book itself is. And then I don't dare to mention another reason that will cause some extra additional costs because...

Comment

I would have expected the front cover to depict one of the lesser lights, maybe an unusual looking car that missed the show - not that year's fastest qualifier!

Comment

Originally posted by Norman J Crump View Post
            I would have expected the front cover to depict one of the lesser lights, maybe an unusual looking car that missed the show - not that year's fastest qualifier!

What amazes me the most of all about the frontcover car: if you talk about Roadsters, there is fairly much one piece of equipment in the cars that some 85% or more of the individual chassis built and that qualify for the distinction to be rated a Roadster possessed. Only a minority of the "Roadsters" did not possess this particular piece of car equipment.

The car at the cover of the book being one of them......

But then, I don't mind to be honest. I like this shot very much and those cars, well, they never won, but for sure did they live up the Roadster era!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X