Umpteenth post about the Cicada...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Umpteenth post about the Cicada...

Doing some recreational research the other day, I happened on this. Here is the mostly complete story of the Cicada, before and after. I presume the car is resting happily in someone's museum or collection. Anyway, I hope it is.

Sue me. I find this stuff fascinating.

Screen Shot 2019-12-12 at 12.00.27 PM.png

And the rest of the story, including colour pictures, courtesy of 8W.
    Attached Files
    You've worked so hard on the kidney. Very special -- the kidney has a very special place in the heart. It's an incredible thing. Donald John Trump

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation

Interesting stuff. Good looking car.
    You have the IndyCar you deserve.

Comment

I'm disappointed the picture didn't scale better. It's an interesting read.
      You've worked so hard on the kidney. Very special -- the kidney has a very special place in the heart. It's an incredible thing. Donald John Trump

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation

Comment

A champ car team based in Plymouth, WI. Is that where Dan Murphy is from? The car looks like it would be right at home with a Chevy installed for F5000 at a certain nearby track....

Comment

Dan was from Racine but also claimed Plymouth as his home on occasion. The first Cicada FB car was born in Plymouth in Harvey Wiesse's basement. They had to remove a basement wall to get it out... anyways, I have a lot of photos and memorabilia from the Cicada efforts, a great 'what could have been' with a little luck.
          Kettle Moraine Preservation & Restoration

Comment

FB, as in, the forerunner to Atlantic? Where was their shop in Plymouth?

Comment

Any pix?

Comment

Wasn't there a story around the Cicada eventually ending up as a flowerbed somewhere around Indianapolis? I hope that's not true.
                Real drivers don't need fenders!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X