Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Other than the two in IMS museum, are there any Wildcats still in existance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Indyote View Post

In the case of my informant, he asked me to believe him on his word and that he knew where and more about the Wildcat in question. But he was not aware about this particular car and its current owner being mentioned on the Internet already. And he didn't wanted to be the man who mentioned such or being the source behind it should such info appear on the internet.
    Informant? The car is in a display open to the public. In fact you can rent the building and have a party among the cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Spike View Post
      At least now you know that you can scratch that "informant" off the list for your next secret investigation.

I've posted photos of the car in past threads. There is no big mystery about it.

He also owns Bobby Unser's '81 Penske (visible in the lower right corner of the photo below) and the McLaren that Vern Schuppan drove in '81. As such, he has the cars that came in first, second and third in the 1981 running of the 500.
      Now if we can only solve the mystery of what happened to the Bobby Unser car in the lower right of the photo,

Comment

Still there. Still there.
        "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

Speaking of Wildcats our neighborhood message board on NextDoor.com has been all aflutter this week over the spotting of a Florida Panther walking down Flotilla Avenue down by the river

"Ooh woo, I'm a Rebel just for kicks, now
          I been feeling it since 1966, now..."

Comment

Originally posted by Spike View Post
            Still there. Still there.
            Can you point out Uncle Bobby's car in the lower right of the photo?

Capture.JPG
            Last edited by BADGER; 11-26-2019, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BADGER View Post
              Can point out Uncle Bobby's car in the lower right of the photo.
              Ah, okay, thanks for catching that. For some reason I wrote '"right" instead of "left." My kicked must have dyslexia in.

By the way, your post is missing the word "you" and needs a question mark at the end.

"I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X