No announcement yet.

Ford v. Ferrari movie - your thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crossed the $100 million box office mark, still going. A big, big hit.

Comment

I agree, Shelby shaking the knock-off hammer at Sebring would have been historically correct and dramatic than the phony door to door with Hansgen at Daytona that never happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Wilke View Post
        Crossed the $100 million box office mark, still going. A big, big hit.
        And if that gets more movies like that made - movies that could result in a resurgence of Motorsports in popular culture - I’ll gladly put up with the artistic licenses taken. It isn’t Driven.
        “America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Sweaty Teddy View Post

And if that gets more movies like that made - movies that could result in a resurgence of Motorsports in popular culture - I’ll gladly put up with the artistic licenses taken. It isn’t Driven.
          You mean DRIVEL...

The Judge Dredd of motorsports movies.

Oh wait...

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander_48 View Post

You mean DRIVEL...

The Judge Dredd of motorsports movies.

Oh wait...
            There are worse....

b

Comment

There are worse....

b
              I remember the preview but I never saw the movie. It looks like a plastic surgery gallery for men.

Then again I've never seen Driven. The company I worked for when it came out hosted a premiere near us, and I had to work that night. The reaction from those in attendance when they came back in on Monday was all I needed to see. I've seen some bits on YouTube. I just can't do it.
              “America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

There are worse....

b
                Watched it. It was worse than terrible.
                "He went into a tire barrier, which is certainly the nicest of all the barriers." -Bobby Unser, Denver '90

Comment

I'll put this in my list of favorite racing movies of all-time with (in no order) Grand Prix, Winning, The Big Wheel, Rush, Senna, and the recent documentary about Michael Waltrip Blink of an Eye.
                  "Charging a man with murder here was like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500."- Capt. Willard, Apocolypse Now
                  "Ain't nuthin' like [being with a woman], 'cept maybe the Indy 500."- Bunny, Platoon
                  "To alcohol! The cause of- and solution to- all of life's problems."- Homer J. Simpson

Comment

There are worse....

b
                    Was not aware of this one. Would have been more fun with WoO sprint cars...

Comment

Originally posted by Stick500 View Post
                      I'll put this in my list of favorite racing movies of all-time with (in no order) Grand Prix, Winning, The Big Wheel, Rush, Senna, and the recent documentary about Michael Waltrip Blink of an Eye.
                      I would add:

LeMans
                      Greased Lightning
                      The Racers
                      Sidecar Racers

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X