Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ford v. Ferrari movie - your thoughts?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Crossed the $100 million box office mark, still going. A big, big hit.

    Comment


    • #17
      I agree, Shelby shaking the knock-off hammer at Sebring would have been historically correct and dramatic than the phony door to door with Hansgen at Daytona that never happened.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Jim Wilke View Post
        Crossed the $100 million box office mark, still going. A big, big hit.
        And if that gets more movies like that made - movies that could result in a resurgence of Motorsports in popular culture - I’ll gladly put up with the artistic licenses taken. It isn’t Driven.
        “America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Sweaty Teddy View Post

          And if that gets more movies like that made - movies that could result in a resurgence of Motorsports in popular culture - I’ll gladly put up with the artistic licenses taken. It isn’t Driven.
          You mean DRIVEL...

          The Judge Dredd of motorsports movies.

          Oh wait...

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by flatlander_48 View Post

            You mean DRIVEL...

            The Judge Dredd of motorsports movies.

            Oh wait...
            There are worse....

            b

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Jim Wilke View Post

              There are worse....

              b
              I remember the preview but I never saw the movie. It looks like a plastic surgery gallery for men.

              Then again I've never seen Driven. The company I worked for when it came out hosted a premiere near us, and I had to work that night. The reaction from those in attendance when they came back in on Monday was all I needed to see. I've seen some bits on YouTube. I just can't do it.
              “America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Jim Wilke View Post

                There are worse....

                b
                Watched it. It was worse than terrible.
                "He went into a tire barrier, which is certainly the nicest of all the barriers." -Bobby Unser, Denver '90

                Comment


                • #23
                  I'll put this in my list of favorite racing movies of all-time with (in no order) Grand Prix, Winning, The Big Wheel, Rush, Senna, and the recent documentary about Michael Waltrip Blink of an Eye.
                  "Charging a man with murder here was like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500."- Capt. Willard, Apocolypse Now
                  "Ain't nuthin' like [being with a woman], 'cept maybe the Indy 500."- Bunny, Platoon
                  "To alcohol! The cause of- and solution to- all of life's problems."- Homer J. Simpson

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Jim Wilke View Post

                    There are worse....

                    b
                    Was not aware of this one. Would have been more fun with WoO sprint cars...

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Stick500 View Post
                      I'll put this in my list of favorite racing movies of all-time with (in no order) Grand Prix, Winning, The Big Wheel, Rush, Senna, and the recent documentary about Michael Waltrip Blink of an Eye.
                      I would add:

                      LeMans
                      Greased Lightning
                      The Racers
                      Sidecar Racers

                      Comment

                      Unconfigured Ad Widget

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X