Dinner with Racers: Paul Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinner with Racers: Paul Page

Sorry if posted already. An amazing podcast with the man who was the voice of our youth and young adulthood:

https://www.dinnerwithracers.com/?po...nw=715-podcast

The stuff about Sid Collins last days is tasteful and very gripping.

Comment

I had not realized that Paul was there when Sid's suicide was discovered. It was compelling to hear that.

Comment

Was never a big Paul Page fan as a broadcaster... but... after listening to the podcast I have a much greater appreciation for him. The man truly does love the Indy 500.
        I'll see YOU at the races!

Comment

I love the part about the movie Driven. Just hearing Page describe how awful the movie was makes me laugh so hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Turn2standG View Post
            I love the part about the movie Driven. Just hearing Page describe how awful the movie was makes me laugh so hard.
            I remember attending an advance screening. Max Papis was there and shook hands with everyone as they filed out after the movie. I rolled my eyes as I shook his hand and he laughed and said, "Yeah, I know."
            Real drivers don't need fenders!

Comment

Originally posted by Turn2standG View Post
              I wonder if some of the scenes they deleted still exist. Hearing him talk about the playground crash that got cut was unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCP View Post

I wonder if some of the scenes they deleted still exist. Hearing him talk about the playground crash that got cut was unbelievable.
                There used to be a ton of deleted scenes on youtube, but I can't remember a playground scene.
                http://tuckgraphics.com

Comment

Originally posted by Pelican Joe View Post

I remember attending an advance screening. Max Papis was there and shook hands with everyone as they filed out after the movie. I rolled my eyes as I shook his hand and he laughed and said, "Yeah, I know."
                  Reminds me of the advance screening of "Days of Thunder" they gave for a bunch of us redshirts from Louisville Speedway, only we were maybe a bit more expressive. First ten minutes or so we were cheering, thinking, yeah, somebody finally got it right...but as the film got progressively ludicrous folks starting booing and throwing things...
                  You've worked so hard on the kidney. Very special -- the kidney has a very special place in the heart. It's an incredible thing. Donald John Trump

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski View Post

Reminds me of the advance screening of "Days of Thunder" they gave for a bunch of us redshirts from Louisville Speedway, only we were maybe a bit more expressive. First ten minutes or so we were cheering, thinking, yeah, somebody finally got it right...but as the film got progressively ludicrous folks starting booing and throwing things...
                    The poor guy seemed legit embarrassed to be there.
                    Real drivers don't need fenders!

Comment

We need some new Dinner With Racers for the winter!!

Too bad they never had a chance to do Gary B.

Lone Star J.R. would be a good one I imagine.
                      "Charging a man with murder here was like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500."- Capt. Willard, Apocolypse Now
                      "Ain't nuthin' like [being with a woman], 'cept maybe the Indy 500."- Bunny, Platoon
                      "To alcohol! The cause of- and solution to- all of life's problems."- Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Seems like is time for a new "drop" of episodes.

Comment

I heard that they are doing some now, but with Rutledge Wood instead of Sean?!? Not sure how I feel about that, yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Dartguy View Post
                            I heard that they are doing some now, but with Rutledge Wood instead of Sean?!? Not sure how I feel about that, yet.
                            Noooooooooo... say it ain't so.

Since they can't interview Gary B., Vuky Jr. would be a good one, though I'm not sure he'd be interested.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X