X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1967 Rex Mays Classic program

Courtesy of my brother

20191020_081610.jpg
    "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
    ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

20191020_081710.jpg
    "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"

Brian's Wish

Comment

20191020_081741.jpg

Brian's Wish

Comment

20191020_081807.jpg

Brian's Wish

Comment

20191020_081850.jpg

Brian's Wish

Comment

20191020_081917.jpg

Brian's Wish

Comment

That's pretty cool. There was a guy who was a friend of my dad's who ran a Conoco station downtown that had a shelf full of old Milwaukee programs from that era. I imagine they all got tossed when he shuttered the place. I loved visiting his place and looking at all the pics in the programs.
              "Charging a man with murder here was like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500."- Capt. Willard, Apocolypse Now
              "Ain't nuthin' like [being with a woman], 'cept maybe the Indy 500."- Bunny, Platoon
              "To alcohol! The cause of- and solution to- all of life's problems."- Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Looks like we need to bump up the res on the images - or maybe ensure in the future that each page gets it's own image.
                There's really no such thing as Gary the Moose, Sybil.

Comment

Interesting seeing all of the auto dealer ads. Some of them are still around. Concours was sold maybe 5 years ago and now operates under a different name. Ewald's no longer has a location on Highway 100 south of North Avenue, but they have a bunch of dealerships in the area. I bought my current car from them. My mom and dad had their wedding reception at Ray Bussler. It was torn down maybe 10 years ago. This is all a bit off topic, but it makes me think about the track and the city. The 1967 spring race was run 9 years and months before I was born, but even when I was a kid - the Mile was a vibrant facility.
                  Real drivers don't need fenders!

Comment

Oh, for an archive of old race programs! I know collectors pay big bucks for this sort of thing, but for those of us of little coin, it is pure joy to be able to view stuff like this.
                    You've worked so hard on the kidney. Very special -- the kidney has a very special place in the heart. It's an incredible thing. Donald John Trump

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation

Comment

Mario was an entry but according to the penciled in line-up he was a non-starter? Anyone know the story?

Comment

Mario crashed in practice.
                        With one foot in the grave, and one foot on the pedal, I was born a Rebel.

Comment

According to the champcarstats.com, Aldo Andretti was entered in the race. He was supposed to drive the #67 Jim Robbins Vollstedt. I'm guessing the same car Lee Roy Yarbrough drove at Indy. It just says he did not qualify. Jim Malloy, in the #27 Jim Robbins entry also did not make the race as he was too slow.
                          Real drivers don't need fenders!

Comment

Originally posted by Pelican Joe View Post
                            According to the champcarstats.com, Aldo Andretti was entered in the race. He was supposed to drive the #67 Jim Robbins Vollstedt. I'm guessing the same car Lee Roy Yarbrough drove at Indy. It just says he did not qualify. Jim Malloy, in the #27 Jim Robbins entry also did not make the race as he was too slow.
                            For that early Milwaukee race, didn't they still have that Consi race?

==

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X