Indy cars at Talledega

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rrrr View Post

You should rethink your answer. The g-force vector in the corners would have kept the oil in the bottom of the sump and it would have scavenged as if the car was running on a flat surface.
    Not really. I have seen oil ride up the walls of the block when g loads get high. Depends on how the sump is designed. That is why they have crank scrapers to pull the oil off the crank.
    "Lead,follow or get the hell out of the way!

Lee Iacocca

Comment

On a side note, still looking for any information about the "top secret private test" Newman-Haas supposedly conducted at Talladega circa 1993-1994 with Nigel Mansell. More than one person has confirmed that some sort of test happened, but it's always been very scant on details. We just really don't know anything.
      Doctorindy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Doctorindy View Post
        On a side note, still looking for any information about the "top secret private test" Newman-Haas supposedly conducted at Talladega circa 1993-1994 with Nigel Mansell. More than one person has confirmed that some sort of test happened, but it's always been very scant on details. We just really don't know anything.
        That would've been a very rough, bumpy ride at the time. Not the place for a suspension failure when flirting with 245. And Ol' Nige was complaining about Michigan Int'l's condition....
        You have the IndyCar you deserve.

Comment

Originally posted by dalz View Post

That would've been a very rough, bumpy ride at the time. Not the place for a suspension failure when flirting with 245. And Ol' Nige was complaining about Michigan Int'l's condition....
          Talladega in those days always reminded me of an airport (which of course it once was), and for once I don't mean that in a good way.
          "Only a fool fights in a burning house."-Kang

"If you listen to fools....The Maaahhhhb Ruuuules....."-Ronnie James Dio

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X