The Ballad of Jimmy Bryan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ballad of Jimmy Bryan

This is pretty cool, I'd never heard it before. The B-side is a very relaxed, almost tropical version of "Back Home Again In Indiana".

I had that record a long time ago.

==

Thanks.

==

Comment

Thanks for sharing. This reminds me that there was a Jimmy Bryan DVD sold a few years ago that I wish I could find a copy of.

Comment

Here's a link to the record and picture sleeve on eBay:
        https://www.ebay.com/itm/BALLAD-OF-J...QAAOSw3Spc~ZEq

Probably a bit optimistic on asking price; 45 w/ sleeve sold for $20.00 last year at auction. Sorry, could not locate the DVD
        "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." H.L. Mencken

Comment

I have that record somewhere in my collection of racing stuff. Jimmy Bryan was my first favorite driver. I saw him win the Hoosier Hundred before I saw my first Indy 500.
          I still remember the day I received the news of Jimmy getting killed at Langhorne.
          Have a very blessed day!

Comment

Originally posted by fenderless View Post
            Here's a link to the record and picture sleeve on eBay:
            https://www.ebay.com/itm/BALLAD-OF-J...QAAOSw3Spc~ZEq

Probably a bit optimistic on asking price; 45 w/ sleeve sold for $20.00 last year at auction. Sorry, could not locate the DVD
            That is pretty steep, it makes me wonder how many of these were originally pressed. Limited pressings of almost any record will rake in some big bucks.

Record collectors are a weird bunch, I know because used to be one of them. I never became Seymour from Ghost World but I did spend way too much time in my 20's collecting rare punk and metal records, and dealing with all the nonsense that comes buying/selling/trading. Many will never know the pleasure of arguing with a stranger over whether a Poison Idea "Pick Your King" 7" on red is an original or a euro bootleg .

Thanks to Jimmy Bryan, I've found out that Harry Weger had some good jams.

Comment

Still no DVD but this 45 and sleeve just sold in June 2019:
              https://www.ebay.com/itm/1960-Rene-I...0AAOSwuXxczZXu

Likely pressed in small quantity (500 more or less) but all too often 'rare' does not equate with 'valuable'.
              "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." H.L. Mencken

Comment

This is the DVD (apparently), released in 2012 from what I can tell:

jimmy-bryan-b254a727-e79d-4c89-ae4c-010cd615ca8-resize-750.jpg

Comment

Anyone out here who could make and supply a decent MP3 of that song about Jim Hurtubise ????

Comment

Originally posted by Indyote View Post
                    Anyone out here who could make and supply a decent MP3 of that song about Jim Hurtubise ????
                    It's on YouTube:
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dT29AqjrE0

Comment

Originally posted by fenderless View Post

thanks.

Comment

I carried the US Mail back in the middle 60's and Herk's shop on Crawfordsville Road was on my route. If you had anything of importance, or something for him to sign for, you had to get there early or the "gone fishin'" sign was already up and the shop was closed. Great guy!
                        Have a very blessed day!

Comment

Working...
                        X