• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The big tree in T4. A cottonwood?
    ...---...

Comment

Originally posted by Pelican Joe View Post
      What's the current master plan for Georgetown?
      See page 17 of 54: https://www.citizensenergygroup.com/...t-Scott-Harris

There used to be better versions out there somewhere... now they're all bad links:

https://www.indy.gov/eGov/City/DMD/P...MasterPlan.pdf

https://www.speedwayindiana.com/town...ns-for-future/

"Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
      ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonW77 View Post
        Of course, the Steak 'n Shake.
        Yes - I remember the bread before dinner - so good!

Comment

[QUOTE=mfatty500;n6513840]What happened to the flower box coming out of turn 4?[/QUOT

Wow!

Comment

The little white house in the middle of the grass parking lot west of Georgetown Rd (Lot 2?). I noticed this year it had been torn down. Perhaps this happened a couple years ago and I hadn't noticed 'til now. I'm sure it had an interesting history.

Comment

Originally posted by Glass Half Full View Post
              The little white house in the middle of the grass parking lot west of Georgetown Rd (Lot 2?). I noticed this year it had been torn down. Perhaps this happened a couple years ago and I hadn't noticed 'til now. I'm sure it had an interesting history.
              I believe we once had a fun discussion about that house and its origins. Belonged to the family that parked cars on that land for decades. It was still there just a few years ago - but we didn't venture that far down Georgetown this year.
              Real drivers don't need fenders!

Comment

The Prest-O-Lite factory and smokestack. And I've only seen it in pictures. I think Donald Davidson misses it, too.

Comment

The night before the ‘79 500 my buddy and I (along with numerous other “Up all nighters”) waited out the rain under the bridge on 16th St. where Dry Run Creek exits the track.
                  Was hardly any vegetation around it at all back then.
                  I took a quick look this year and it looks like you’d have to hack your way in.
                  Not that I plan on spending another night there.
                  With one foot in the grave, and one foot on the pedal, I was born a Rebel.

Comment

Working...
                  X