Announcement

Collapse

Upgrade to fix search indexes

We will be upgrading www.trackforum.org at approximately 2019-05-21 14:30:00 Pacific Time. The site will be unavailable during the upgrade and you might experience broken styles, both of which shouldn't last for more than a few minutes. We'll let you know when the upgrade is complete via Facebook and Twitter
https://www.facebook.com/TrackForum/
https://twitter.com/TrackForumLive
See more
See less

Sherry MacDonald

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Condolences to the MacDonald family. Sherry was a beautiful person. And had he lived Dave MacDonald would have been alot like Dan Gurney IMHO (except he may have won the 500

Comment

Originally posted by preacher View Post
      Condolences to the MacDonald family. Sherry was a beautiful person. And had he lived Dave MacDonald would have been alot like Dan Gurney IMHO (except he may have won the 500
      +1.

Dan
      Tibi Fumus Obsidio Septum Doro

Comment

Originally posted by lotuspoweredbyford View Post

My point is this, because you have published a book doesn't make you an "Indianapolis 500 historian" any more than me having driven my car on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway makes me an "Indianapolis 500 driver."

There are plenty of people who have had Indianapolis 500 books published who are nothing close to a historian, a very recent example proves that.
        I understand your point and in fact I do agree with that.
        I hope that in previous posts to that has become clear for you and others and that I used a wrong word to refer to a group of people and this getting us us into this discussion.
        Again, I am sorry for that, it was certainly not my intention to, or that I deliberately wanted to accuse true Indy historians.

By the way, do you mind to point out this very recent example if you have some time to do so, if necessary into a PM? You made me curious, Thanks in advance in case you can do so.
        Last edited by Indyote; 05-15-2019, 05:16 AM.

Comment

www.davemacdonald.net

Lots of family photos as well as photos of Dave in action.

Dan
          Tibi Fumus Obsidio Septum Doro

Comment

Originally posted by Tifositoo View Post
            www.davemacdonald.net

Lots of family photos as well as photos of Dave in action.

Dan
            Thanks for posting and getting this thread back on track. That's a great tribute site and it's obvious from those pictures and the memories Sherry carried through her life that she and her husband were made for each other. His pre-indy career shows he was a remarkable talent and was on the path to perhaps being one of the true greats had he lived. Who knows--I could see him being at LeMans with the Ford Program, or perhaps Gurney bringing him to F1 when he started his Eagle team.

Comment

I learned more about Dave reading Black Noon than i had learned in the last 50 years previously, great book and great insight into the talent that Dave had.

Comment

Originally posted by Indyote View Post
                OMG...
                I think that for me it is better to leave it at this point. This thread once started as a tribute to a remarkable woman. I know that unintentionally and unwillingly I became responsible for derailiing from that purpose. But maybe we should keep this thread for the original purpose again. Or am I wrong with that feeling?
                Indyote, you aren't the one responsible for derailing the thread. It was not you, and it sure as Hell isn't me. Any thread involving any fatal accident quickly derails into speculation, rumor, innuendo, exaggeration and just plain bull****. It always goes there. Those who are truly only curious about what actually happened don't have to apologize either.

As I wrote, in the archives, there's a lengthy thread of folks debating the injuries suffered. I posted the facts in hopes of stemming the idle speculation and erroneous misinformation. Sorry to be so blunt, but if I had only put down that Eddie Sachs died solely of burn injuries, I guarantee some here would have gone on to speculate exactly where the burns were. There's no winning.

"Versions of a story that are more tidy, compact, and camera-ready should generally be viewed as historically suspect." - Jackson Landers

Comment

Working...
                X