Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which year had most green flag laps?

I'm guessing it was 1969.

I seem to remember 2013 with all green til like lap 150 or so. Did not like that; I like the restarts, change of pace, chance to go to the john, etc.

Comment

The answer i believe is 1990 which had 26 yellow laps and 174 green,,,,

Comment

1969 only had one crash and 2 yellow flag periods.

Comment

Originally posted by staytuned View Post
          I seem to remember 2013 with all green til like lap 150 or so. Did not like that; I like the restarts, change of pace, chance to go to the john, etc.
          I actually didn't mind it. I agree - I do like restarts and appreciate the chance to get up and stretch - but there was something about that extended stretch of green laps that was interesting. Maybe it was just different - but no yellow flags meant everything had to happen under green.
          Real drivers don't need fenders!

Comment

2013 had 5 yellows for 21 laps (179 green laps). It had a 133-lap caution free green flag stint (laps 61-193) that was at the time believed to be a record.

1990 had 4 yellows for 26 laps (174 green laps)

2014 went a record 149 consecutive laps from the start before the first caution period.
            2014 also had 5 yellows for 21 laps (179 green laps), but included a red late in the race.

In 1969, the final 110 laps were run under green. There were 2 yellow light periods for 14 minutes (9 laps +/-).
            Doctorindy.com

Comment

Working...
            X