Craig Breedlove at Indianapolis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craig Breedlove at Indianapolis

The June 2019 issue issue of Motor Sport has an interview with Craig Breedlove. He says that he had a deal with Lindsey Hopkins in late 1964 to prepare to race at Indy. Bobby Marshman's death was the end of that program, and Craig spent 1965 working on SoA Sonic I. Does anyone know about Breedlove's involvement in cars that turn corners.

I don't have any reason to doubt Breedlove's story, tho I can't imagine anyone starting from scratch racing around corners and passing the rookie test in six months. The only part that doesn't jibe is that Breedlove was a Goodyear driver and Hopkins was a Firestone team at the time. But land speed histories say that Goodyear's deals with Breedlove were aggressive. The sponsorship deal for the Sonic I project gave Goodyear ownership of the car, which is probably why IMS has it now. At the time, public display of the current land speed record holder at stores, car shows, etc was a valuable asset.
    Racing ain't much, but workin's nothing. Richard Tharp

Lying was a no-brainer for me. Robin Miller

"I thought they booed [Danica] because she was being a complete jerk, but then they applauded for A.J. Foyt. Now I'm just confused."

The real world sucks. Ed McCullough
Working...
X