Engine Quiz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Quiz

Name the parts of an engine. When you answer the first, the second shows up.

https://quizzes.autoversed.com/quiz/...96de9d542c601e

==

I got 42 out of 42... which I should, as a Master Mechanic.

This is the 1st one of their tests I have seen recently which did not have a mistake on it, although the others were different subject matter.
    "It is a besetting vice of democracies to substitute public opinion for law. This is the usual form in which masses of men exhibit their tyranny." - James Fenimore Cooper

"One man with courage is a majority." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Too easy... I guess HS Autos, Jr College AST, and ASE certs came in handy for this IT guy. I still like playing around with carburetors on my vintage ride.
      Chicago Cubs 2016 World Series Champions

Comment

42. But I agree with the earlier posts that it is too easy. Some of the items were a bit mismatched as in the air cleaner being called a carb. But I guess 40 years in the parts dept makes you picky.

Comment

Easy for guys, but, how about the gals?

==

Comment

Originally posted by KenK View Post
            I got 42 out of 42... which I should, as a Master Mechanic.

This is the 1st one of their tests I have seen recently which did not have a mistake on it, although the others were different subject matter.
            If picky,
            - front crankshaft pulley and harmonic damper are not necessarily the same part.
            - distributor? correct but rather obsolete.
            - expansion plug expands? ...yeah,expands right out of the block.
            - #40...is that a radiator or an intercooler? (yeah, both are radiators)
            BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

I have rarely actually wrenched on car engines, but I know enough about them and small engines to get top scores on those quizzes. Am trying to teach my daughters how engines work when we go on long trips.
              "Charging a man with murder here was like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500."- Capt. Willard, Apocolypse Now
              "Ain't nuthin' like [being with a woman], 'cept maybe the Indy 500."- Bunny, Platoon
              "To alcohol! The cause of- and solution to- all of life's problems."- Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Pretty hard to find things that are hard to identify on an engine. Now, a Linotype machine is another animal.

==

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X