X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1964 Chevrolet Greenbrier Van

My cousin had one.

https://www.oldcarsweekly.com/car-of...greenbrier-van

You would not believe how slow it was in getting up to speed on a expressway. Oh, there were 9 people in the van.

==

I love it! I saw one in Louisville last summer, just so strange looking that it was cool.

Comment

You would not believe how slow it was in getting up to speed on a expressway. Oh, there were 9 people in the van.
      And yet it has 37% more horsepower than the comparable VW product.
      "It is a besetting vice of democracies to substitute public opinion for law. This is the usual form in which masses of men exhibit their tyranny." - James Fenimore Cooper

"One man with courage is a majority." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I saw one during my 2014 trip to the USA...

It was in a wrecking yard somewhere near Diamond Lake in Washington state...

There was a few unexpected things in there including a Taunus and a Borgward Isabella,

As one who'd only ever seen about six or seven Corvairs in his life, it was something of a treat to look it over and get pics of it. And I remember recently I read on TNF (I'm sure it was there) that someone had used a Greenbriar as a tow car for their race car. So maybe it had the turbo engine?
        The stories of youth, of the burden of time, and the death of devotion

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Bell View Post
          I saw one during my 2014 trip to the USA...

It was in a wrecking yard somewhere near Diamond Lake in Washington state...

There was a few unexpected things in there including a Taunus and a Borgward Isabella,

As one who'd only ever seen about six or seven Corvairs in his life, it was something of a treat to look it over and get pics of it. And I remember recently I read on TNF (I'm sure it was there) that someone had used a Greenbriar as a tow car for their race car. So maybe it had the turbo engine?
          Probably a gokart.

==

Comment

Well, it's still ahead of the Dodge with no hood...
            The stories of youth, of the burden of time, and the death of devotion

Comment

Working...
            X