You Won't Beleive Who The Author Is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Won't Beleive Who The Author Is

You will have to click on the link to find out who wrote the piece on Armstrong Mold Racing that is being re-run on the OWR Site.

Here is the link: http://www.openwheelracing.com/Nov%2...%20Miller.html

Great stuff! I always liked that team. I wish that things were still like that.
    Proud to be a complainer.

Comment

That is some great reading. Thanks!
      www.ragingphotos.com

Comment

"by Mac Miller

photos from the OWR Files

As I look back upon my time with the Armstrong Mould Racing Team through the focus of reality, I realize that most of the legends and myths about the team are true.

Armstrong Mould Racing was quite a remarkable team. Our inventory included four Indy cars, two dirt champ cars, two pavement sprint cars, two dirt sprint cars and a midget. These cars were all raced at every opportunity by a crew of only six to seven guys. In 1979, Armstrong Mould Racing fielded over 100 race entries in all USAC divisions."

Those were the days! IIRC this team was definitely considered to be a big buck team at the time.

Mac, you said you had more stories. I for one would love to read some more of them.
        Some people will do nearly anything in order to be able to not do anything.

Comment

Great stuff! Love to see more.
          Marv Fish

Comment

After reading that, it kinda makes one wish we were with the team, back then. Ah, the good old days!

Comment

Mac, have you written any more articles for OWR. I really did enjoy this one.

Comment

John, thanks. You showed there is such a thing as cyber-mothballs.

One thing about ol' Mac. If you ain't sure of his opinion, he'll be happy to share it with you. Fun guy to be around.

I'd be curious to know who has the most racing stories around this forum. Mac? Taz? Lenny? Eagle? Or Dick?

No matter, because those of us who love to hear the stories are truly blessed to be able to hear their telling.

Comment

Great reading mac! Keep 'em coming! Danny B, nice to meet you at HARF MonteCarlo last night.
                  It really IS all good!

Comment

They actually later had at least two midgets as both of his sons began driving.
                    "The older I get, the faster I used to be!"

Comment

Excellent piece by Mac.

Wow. Four cars at some events....and solid race drivers in all of them...
                      "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

Originally posted by DannyB
                        One thing about ol' Mac. If you ain't sure of his opinion, he'll be happy to share it with you. Fun guy to be around.
                        Makes for a pretty good Classic Film commentator, too Hope to make it on Thursday, but I've got a pretty heavy workload thru the end of the year.
                        "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
                        ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

very, very good, mac - thanks! .. and thanks to taz for the heads-up.

those stories were a hoot.

i was there for several of your many wins. after suddenly finding myself 'single' in '79, i started stooging for Dave Peperak alot that year, and some after that. you guys were the 'big dogs'..no question about it. a real 'pro' outfit -- with results to match.

was also at the Milwaukee Tony Bettenhausen 200 in '79, to see your win and strong team finish there. got some good shots from that day.

impressed, too, with your early 'bleeder' technology.

yeah, like DannyB said, cyber mothball apparently do work.

thanks to Len and all at OWR for re-releasing that gem!

Comment

How come Howdy Holmes is mentioned but not the Orbitor?

Comment

maybe it's still spinning wildly down the backstretch. that was quite a sight.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎