03 STP Dallaras in 1973 Eagle Livery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 03 STP Dallaras in 1973 Eagle Livery

Here is the latest addition to my portfolio.

Click Here to View a Larger Version

#20 1973 Eagle for comparison

Last edited by c7; 04-25-2007, 09:04 AM.
    "If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."
    - RUSH, Freewill, Permanent Waves (1980)

That's great. Also put the small numbers by the cockpit. It sure would be neat to get STP back as a full sponsor.
    Barney Oldfield - AJ Foyt - Jim Clark - Dan Gurney - IMS - IMS YT - INDYCAR - INDYCAR YT

Comment

That's sharp...but where's the day-glo?
      You've worked so hard on the kidney. Very special -- the kidney has a very special place in the heart. It's an incredible thing. Donald John Trump

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation

Comment

I remember reading that Vince Granatelli has some kind of restriction that prevents anybody else from running the dayglo red. Does anyone know if this is true?
        "You just don't know what Indy Means", Al Unser Jr.

"That's why to me it does feel more precious when an American wins it...", Michael Andretti

Comment

Originally posted by kevin99
          I remember reading that Vince Granatelli has some kind of restriction that prevents anybody else from running the dayglo red. Does anyone know if this is true?
          Sounds fishy...Piquet's STP-co-sponsored Menard car in '93 (two years after Vince last ran CART/Indy) was solid dayglo red.

Comment

That's sharp...but where's the day-glo?
            DayGlo cannot be correctly reproduced in a RGB colorspace(web images). It could be made more red or magenta(pink) or orange or lighter or brighter or darker, but the tru DayGlo color is not possible.

Comment

Can you try a little more orange and a little lighter and post a second version?
              Barney Oldfield - AJ Foyt - Jim Clark - Dan Gurney - IMS - IMS YT - INDYCAR - INDYCAR YT

Comment

Send me a photo link that you think is correct and I will do a 2nd version that will match that color when i get a chance.

This version was based on comparing a color matching book to an actual Model of the 1973 eagle in the DayGlo Color.

Comment

Looks great C7 - one of my all time favorite cars. Based on some of the responses here, I downloaded it and played with it in Photoshop. If you go to adjust hue/saturation, I selected red from the pull down menu and set hue to +6, saturation to +70 and lightness to +50 - really made the red jump out more.

Great work!
                  "Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate."

2018 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

2018 Long Beach Grand Prix photo gallery

2017 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

Comment

Nice job!

A very pretty car. I was very happy for Gordo back in 82 when he got the victory without all the sadness that 1973 brought to the table.

But I just thought of something. Gordie lost a teammate in 82 as well? Smiley was on the team, was he not. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by IndyJim
                      Nice job!

A very pretty car. I was very happy for Gordo back in 82 when he got the victory without all the sadness that 1973 brought to the table.

But I just thought of something. Gordie lost a teammate in 82 as well? Smiley was on the team, was he not. Wow.
                      Not only that, but I'm pretty sure after the race he had just enough time to go see his mom and tell her he won the race before she passed away later that night.

Comment

BTW C7 - you missed an important associate sponsor: Skylab

It's the circular white and blue decal next to the "20" on the oil cooler. There is a different Skylab logo on the other side. http://www.indycals.com/images/winners/1973.01.JPG

Comment

One more thing - that USAC logo... it's not a USAC logo - it's a Patrick Racing logo, which was basically the USAC logo without the red stripes and says "Patrick Racing" in white lettering on a blue background instead of USAC on the white and red stripes. (I told ya I've researched the car extensively;-)

Comment

Originally posted by IndyJim
                            No, he wasn't. Smiley was Gordie's teammate for the two previous years, but had gone to Fletcher for 1982, still with his Intermedics sponsorship. Smiley drove a March 82C. Ziggy Snider drove the back up car in the race, under the same entry. He wore no.35, the same number Smiley had worn.

Mario Andretti was the second Patrick driver in 1982 and was taken out at the start (of course ) .

Comment

While I'm at it - the thing that drove me nuts the most was the numbers. Every "20" on the car was different. To see what I'm talking about compare the inner space of the "0" on the nose, wing and oil cooler - and then compare them all to the "20"on the wing plate - all different, and the 20 on the driver's right was different than all those. My problem was compounded even more if I used reference pics from practice or other races because there were even more differences! Aye carumba what a pain in the butt that was! (I haven't looked at the Carousel car that closely, but I'd be amazed if they caught that detail about the numbers) And then I had to repeat the process for the "40" decals.

But I'm just giving you a hard time You're work is first rate - keep it up!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X