Racing is Everything by Stephen H. Baker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racing is Everything by Stephen H. Baker

Anyone know more about this photographer turned author and what he's been up to since the publication of his book in '95? Google didn't seem to turn up anything whatsoever.

Racing Is Everything by Stephen H. Baker

I am the author/photographer for Racing Is Everything. I was hired as an Indianapolis Motor Speedway staff photographer when I was 17, in 1981. In 1991, I created a solo motorsports photo exhibition for the National Art Mueum of Sport. From 1981-1991 I began to make corporate clients of Eastman Kodak, Mobil Oil, Coca-Cola and other bluechip corporations. The Hulman-George family and IMS executive staff pulled me from the photo staff and encouaged my business and artistic efforts.

In 1995, I was licensed by IMS to create Racing Is Everything. In 2011, I will celebrate my 31st professionally working Indianapolis 500. I have also worked every Brickyard 400. Through both, with IMS permission, I have contributed photography to several books and media such as Thomson-Reuters. I can be found on given days for Indy and the Brickyard on the pit row photographing.

You may contact me at: [email protected]
    Sincerely, Stephen H. Baker

Comment

Thanks for stopping by, Stephen. Unfortunately, theunions (Earl Ma) passed away in 2007. http://www.earlma.org/
      Life's too short to worry/Life's too long to wait
      Too short not to love everybody/Life's too long to hate

"There are a number of very knowledgeable and entertaining race fans here. There are also a number of morons. Your job is to figure out which is which." - Rev-Ed

Comment

Awesome Steve, miss talking Indy with you and Nancy, at "The Bar"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X