X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Racing and Exhibition at Phoenix PIR this weekend

Loaded up and ready to roll in the AM
    from Vintage Oval Racing Magazine
    2010 Tuesday October 12: Ed Swart, HSR-West President, Extends An Invitation To Western Vintage Auto Racers To Join In A Special Vintage Road Racing And Vintage Oval Racer Exhibition At Phoenix International Raceway October 23-24. This will be a celebration of the great history of the current PIR and a celebration of the new PIR to be unveiled in 2012. The facility will be going through a major renovation and upgrade all during 2011. Therefore HSR-West is not scheduling any events at PIR in 2011, but will be back in 2012 for another celebration. HSR-West has one last event at PIR in 2010 on October 23-24. As an added big oval celebration, the Historic Champ/Indy Car Association will be on-track twice each day with legendary oval cars. Two times Indy 500 winner, Daytona 24-Hour winner and Sebring 12-hour winner, Arie Luyendijk will be the Grand Marshal. To enter the vintage road races call HSR-West 310-750-6933 (CA). to enter the HCICA Victory Lane Vintage Oval Showcase portion call Pam Shatraw 650-321-1411 (CA).
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Last edited by carl s; 10-28-2010, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Oh, thanks for the heads up! I'll try and make it out on Sunday.

Comment

Ask me if I had a good time.

(about to be passed -every other lap (thanks to HSR West for the corner worker waving the passing flag in a tight first turn) - by Rodger's youngest son in his Dad's Bryant heating and Cooling Special #26)
        Not a lot of entries this year but we had 3 generations of Indy Cars present.
        Photos to follow.
        here's link to all my albums including PIR Event which only has a few photos at present
        http://s1011.photobucket.com/home/carl44s/allalbums

Bill Barringer (George Barringer's son) on the outside
        Last edited by carl s; 10-28-2010, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Hi Carl! I thought that was your car but I wasn't 100% sure. I was the guy in the lime green shirt with the dorky hat leaning over the pit wall while you guys were out there. I've got some shots of it I can post up for you a bit later. =)

Comment

Thanks compadre
            Wish you would have stopped by and said hello.

btw I used your hat to judge my line :>)

Comment

Haha! Glad I could be of service. This is my favorite, I think:

Here's the rest of the halfway decent ones from Sunday: http://www.flickr.com/photos/2654114...7625263028004/

Last edited by ajslideways; 10-28-2010, 08:33 PM. Reason: changed gallery link

Comment

aj check your pm's

Comment

Replied, sir!

Comment

Did you get any bugs in your teeth?
                    "George Bignotti's Sinmast Wildcat (Designed by Bob Riley); delicately built, carefully prepared and boldly driven by Gordon Johncock." -- Keith Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by mdkiel View Post
                      Did you get any bugs in your teeth?
                      Funny you should ask - lol

and lots of bits of rubber

an unsolicited comment from Vintage Oval Racing Guru - just came across the emails

"All was well at Phoenix.. Bill Barringer ran some of the fastest laps I have ever seen him run. Ricky Ward (Rodgers Wards youngest) and other people driving commented what good runs Bill had. Del set probably the fastest laps of the weekend. And Carl, helped us all enjoy the dream. It was a great weekend. Arie Luyendyk , Lynn St. James and Ricky Ward were there enjoying the weekend"

Comment

A few more photos of the event- by Bob Berg
                        click on Vintage Indy
                        http://www.bobbergphotography.com/index2.php#/featured/

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X