Looking for the 1954 Pankratz built Emmett 'Malloy Special'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for the 1954 Pankratz built Emmett 'Malloy Special'

Tom Malloy (Emmett's son) and Marc Hart (Malloy Motorsports Collection Honcho) are looking for the current whereabouts of the 1954 Bob Pankratz built Malloy Special. They believe it may be in the Mid-West and was last run as a Chevy Powered sprinter.
    Please respond in this thread with any leads. I voluntered to post this message and pass on to them any info garnered.

Here's some data on the car:

Jimmy Reece - 1954 start 7th finish 17th - Bob Pankratz built car, Offy power owned and entered by Emmett J. Malloy, black, red, white #25 (edit)

photos by Mitch G at AutoRacingMemories.com M.Hart"Thank you Mitch. I have a little more info. The car was sold by Malloy in 1955. It then became the Morcroft Special driven by Jimmy Davies 1956 #3 then driven by Gene Hartley in 57-58 #88, Eddie Johnson in 1955 #5. I will post some pictures of the car when it was last seen. It is thought to be in the midwest. It has a Chevy in it with a roll cage. It is #63 In the photo, the car still has the long brake handle on the left side. Thank you again.

Reece in the "Malloy Spl", Pankratz now on the dirt , Langhorne, PA in 1954

George Amick in the Pankratz, races Andy Linden at Milwaukee, WI in 1955

Malloy Spl last seen 2 (edit)
    The car was sold by Malloy in 1955. It then became the Morcroft Special driven by Jimmy Davies 1956 #3 then driven by Gene Hartley in 57-58 #88, Eddie Johnson in 1955 #5. I will post some pictures of the car when it was last seen. It is thought to be in the midwest. It has a Chevy in it with a roll cage. It is #63 In the photo, the car still has the long brake handle on the left side

Malloy Spl last seen
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Check out the Elma, Washington area. Unless I am totally mistaken, my recollection of the car was that it was purchased in Indiana back in the early 80s, made its way out to Washington (where it continued to win races), running at Skagit and with the Northwest Sprint Cars and was even towed back Indiana and ran Kokomo, Paragon, and Putnamville for a few weeks. Car was eventually sold to some guys down in Elma, where it raced for several more years. I forget who ended up with it...but KevMcj may have some useful contacts there.

Comment

Thanks.
      Will explore this lead.

Originally posted by ClintCurtis View Post
      Check out the Elma, Washington area. Unless I am totally mistaken, my recollection of the car was that it was purchased in Indiana back in the early 80s, made its way out to Washington (where it continued to win races), running at Skagit and with the Northwest Sprint Cars and was even towed back Indiana and ran Kokomo, Paragon, and Putnamville for a few weeks. Car was eventually sold to some guys down in Elma, where it raced for several more years. I forget who ended up with it...but KevMcj may have some useful contacts there.

Comment

Originally posted by ClintCurtis View Post
        Some additional data from Tom, Marc and Jeanne:
        "Carl,
        The Sid Street car is the one that went to the Pacific NW. That is the sister car to the one we are looking for.
        The Malloy Special was sold to Morcroft and became the Morcroft Special car #88 driven by Gene Hartley and car #3 with Jimmy Davies and #27 with Tony Bettenhousen.
        Jeanne
        For Tom Malloy

Bob Pankratz built two champ cars. The first car was for Sid Street that appeared at Indy in 1951 and 1952 but did not qualify either year – this is the car you are talking about that Buzz Barton drove.

The second car (which is the one I am looking for), Bob started building in 1952 (it looked exactly like the Sid Street car). It showed up for the first time in the 1953 at Indy but failed to qualify. It returned in 1954 to qualify 7th and finished 17th. It returned again in 1955 to qualify 15th and finished 33rd. Jimmy Reece drove it both times as the Malloy Special. I hope this information clears-up thing referencing the two car and which we are looking for.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X