Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday Night at the MOVIES - Now at Dawson's on Main

October 14th will be our first showing

We will be looking at the Laydown Sweep from 57-58, one of FIRST TURN Productions creations, plus other short films, since we are starting out on the 14th one will honor the Famous #14. Guess who???

So come on out and join your fellow lovers of old race history and if your new at it, come on out and learn about the past by taking a look at the bygone days. You will be surprized at what you can learn, every year I learn something new.

The Flag Room crew is gearing up for our arrival with some drink and food specials this year. So if you enjoy an adult beverage from time to time and good food and old race ovies this is the place for you. Come out and join us for a MID-WEEK Pick UP

Hot Laps: 6:30
    Feature : 7:00
    Checker Falls : 9:00
    Last edited by Mother Duck; 10-03-2009, 08:51 AM. Reason: adding location

Is it set in stone for Wednesday nights??? Thursday nights are way better for me.

Comment

Now that it's on Wednesdays I can attend I believe.

Comment

Tentative plans being made here. Day off is Oct. 15.

Oh...welcome, Andrew!

Comment

Originally posted by DannyB
          . Day off is Oct. 15.

Oh...welcome, Andrew!
          I thought every day was a day off for you!! See you there.

Comment

Ooh, my knitting group meets on Wednesday nights, but maybe I can alternate. I must be getting old. I never thought I'd be saying "my knitting group"!
            It really IS all good!

Comment

Count down till Tommorrow and our first Movie night.
              Look forward to seeing everyone again after a long summer.

Hot Laps 6:30
              Feature 7:00
              Checker 9:00

Comment

"Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
                ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

Just curious whats on for this week??

Anything good or should I go to knitting class this week???

Thursdays are still better for me. Holiday weekends I could do Wednesday nights though.

Getting up to be at work at 4am is rough on Thursday morning..........

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew S. Quinn
                    Anything good or should I go to knitting class this week???
                    Sic 'em, Judy.

Comment

Will try and come up with something interesting.
                      Last week's First Turn Productions film of the 57-58 Indy had some great shots of the laydown cars.

Hot Laps 6:30

Comment

Originally posted by DannyB
                        Sic 'em, Judy.
                        Hey, don't knock it til you try it!
                        It really IS all good!

Comment

Pretty sure I was the only one there tonight that had never professionally driven, owned, wrenched, or managed a race car.

Rear engined sprints from 1970's, and the #14 wins again at the '99 Indy 500.

Thanks, Barb!
                          "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
                          ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

Originally posted by Turn13
                            Pretty sure I was the only one there tonight that had never professionally driven, owned, wrenched, or managed a race car.

Rear engined sprints from 1970's, and the #14 wins again at the '99 Indy 500.

Thanks, Barb!

But I'll bet the old Legends car that T. George used to drive that you stayed at a...well, never mind.

Comment

November 11

This week we will be showing the History of USAC 50 years

Great 50 and 60's action, along with some of the current favorites.

As always we will dig into the archives for a short film from the long ago past to round out the evening.

In coming weeks we will be showing the Film "To Please a Lady". Our old Hollywood movie nights are always fun, looking into the background to see who we can pick out, and what cars we can find. With the knowledgeble crew that shows up they can usually find a few gems.

Hot laps 6:30

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X