Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Graham Hill's 1967 Speech at Indy Victory Banquet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graham Hill's 1967 Speech at Indy Victory Banquet.

Graham Hill was noted for being a somewhat ribald after dinner speaker and his speech at the 1967 Victory Banquet was no exception. After about a 5 minute speech that had nothing to do with racing, but was hilarious nonetheless, he ended by saying, “In conclusion I have just heard of a new male birth control pill. You put it in your shoe and it makes you limp.â€‌ He then turned and limped off the stage. The crowd then erupted in laughter for about 5 minutes.

Originally posted by Jag-lover View Post
    Graham Hill was noted for being a somewhat ribald after dinner speaker and his speech at the 1967 Victory Banquet was no exception. After about a 5 minute speech that had nothing to do with racing, but was hilarious nonetheless, he ended by saying, “In conclusion I have just heard of a new male birth control pill. You put it in your shoe and it makes you limp.” He then turned and limped off the stage. The crowd then erupted in laughter for about 5 minutes.
    He also said something to the effect of that he noticed the statue on top of the BW trophy had no clothes on, that must be what he heard as a warm hoosier welcome. I would love to hear that speech again.
    "In America, the winner goes to Victory Lane, everybody else goes to the garage and should soak their tears in their beer and figure out how to be faster next week."
    Eddie Gossage

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X