Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you guys play GPL?

Well if you do than I have a teaser for you

So basically USAC mod is in the works, be patient it will arrive sometime soon. 2013 most probably. Because everything is still very early beta.

We also have Granatelli superspecial in the works too.

If questions just ask.

to moderators: I deliberately placed this here instead in nostalgia sub forum because of the histoical significance that GPL has. It is more than a game, more than a simulation. hope you will understand

thank you

There already was something like this years ago, I downloaded it & used it. Of course the new version may be better. Where does one find this? BTW, how is 2013 considered "soon"?
    "It is a besetting vice of democracies to substitute public opinion for law. This is the usual form in which masses of men exhibit their tyranny." - James Fenimore Cooper

"One man with courage is a majority." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Hmmm, lapping Spa with a turbo Eagle/Offy. Sounds like fun.
      The Ayn Rand of Indycar

No one had to badge the Offy.

Crapping all over threads since 2000.

Comment

Dont worry about spa, there are tracks like Sebring, Riverside, Indianapolis, Milwaukee, etc..

BTW take a look here: http://gpltd.bcsims.com/?limit=60&au...rs&send=Search

Comment

Originally posted by KenK View Post
          There already was something like this years ago, I downloaded it & used it. Of course the new version may be better. Where does one find this? BTW, how is 2013 considered "soon"?
          Well you can always speed up the proces if you join us? If you can paint or model 3d objects and if you have some experience -you can help too.

If you do not have that skills you can provide us wih information -such as quality images of the cars, and tracks from that era. That was one of the reason I posted this here and joined this community. to find some help and to spread the word

Comment

Originally posted by skela View Post
            Dont worry about spa, there are tracks like Sebring, Riverside, Indianapolis, Milwaukee, etc..
            I already have those tracks too
            The Ayn Rand of Indycar

No one had to badge the Offy.

Crapping all over threads since 2000.

Comment

If you do not have that skills you can provide us wih information -such as quality images of the cars, and tracks from that era. That was one of the reason I posted this here and joined this community. to find some help and to spread the word
              Which era would that be? Mid 60's? I might very well have some photos and videos from that era. Just let me know which years you're exactly looking for. Also, you might want to give the Speedway a phonecall. My experience is that the photos department is always very helpfull. They might want to help you out with detailed photos.

I'm very much looking forward to this. Would be the perfect reason to see where I've hide that game.
              MotorRacingblog.nl | Kwaliteitsblog

Comment

Well if you do than I have a teaser for you

So basically USAC mod is in the works, be patient it will arrive sometime soon. 2013 most probably. Because everything is still very early beta.

We also have Granatelli superspecial in the works too.

If questions just ask.

to moderators: I deliberately placed this here instead in nostalgia sub forum because of the histoical significance that GPL has. It is more than a game, more than a simulation. hope you will understand

thank you
                Nice Job!! However, I haven't done GPL in a while. I'm doing iRacing these days...

Comment

haven't virtually raced anything in over a year, but I'll be back for this one

Comment

Do I play GPL?

Not on your life.

With no controls, I loaded it and browsed around listening to the various engine sounds and SHUT IT OFF.

It was like my one and only experience smoking opium.

If I had added controls, they would've had to feed me with an IV because I would've never left the computer.
                    "You people worry too much. Strive for change. Root for your favorites. Enjoy the racing. Drop the flag." rev-ed, 3/04

Comment

Originally posted by KnockOff View Post
                      Do I play GPL?

Not on your life.

With no controls, I loaded it and browsed around listening to the various engine sounds and SHUT IT OFF.

If I had added controls, they would've had to feed me with an IV because I would've never left the computer.
                      It's pretty cool and mucho difficult for the casual sim racer. I was ready to throw my self a party the first time I finished a 9 lap race at Watkins Glen without going off the track or spinning.
                      "George Bignotti's Sinmast Wildcat (Designed by Bob Riley); delicately built, carefully prepared and boldly driven by Gordon Johncock." -- Keith Jackson

Comment

I used to love this game, but haven't played it in a long time. It takes a lot of patience for sure. I used to just drive around in practice mode for hours and see my lap times improve. A USAC mod would be very interesting. It might even make me start playing again. I also recall that a 1937 Grand Prix mod was in the works a few years back. Not sure whether that ever appeared.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockOff View Post
                          Do I play GPL?

Not on your life.

I know the feeling! I was like that for about three years after it came out. I had no friends, never left my apartment and when I wasn't racing, I was scouring hardware stores for bits and bobbs to make my wheel and pedals better. I was high for a week after winning my first online race!

It still gets fired up now and then but I often have trouble running the software on more modern hardware.
                          don

Comment

I used to be pretty handy with racing sims using only keyboard controls, but GPL had me beat. I didn't like the idea of investing in a wheel and pedals, also the demo that I was using kept crashing my computer. The final straw was when I found out that even the "professionals" in the online leagues were doing only ten- or twenty-lap races at the most, which is not my idea of fun in racing. I always enjoyed running a full GP distance or the whole 500 miles at Indy, and figured that if even the pros couldn't handle the programme for more than half an hour at a time, I would never be able to drive a full race in a million years. Never wasted another thought.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X