Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penske Trivia

Ok here's and easy one for you all.

When did the first Penske chassis debut in Indycars? Who ran it? What track? Were did it start? An what happened to the car????

You guys should be able to knock this one out the park very quickly.

an if your referance material is DD your automatically disqualified.

It was at Michigan (Roger's track) in 1977. Tom Sneva sat the car on the pole. And it was completely white as I remember it.

BTW, it was pretty much just a McLaren copy.

Comment

see i told ya it was an easy one, but what did penske do with the car. ya think he would hold onto something like that.

Comment

I believe he sold the car to a small team. Could this be the same car that Larry Dickson drove the next year?

Comment

Russ Polak had it the next couple of years with Chuck Looper wrenching and Larry Dickson driving. It was probably the best car Dickson ever had at the Speedway and he did well with it too.
          You've worked so hard on the kidney. Very special -- the kidney has a very special place in the heart. It's an incredible thing. Donald John Trump

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation

Comment

What was the designation of the first Penske Indy Car?

I always understood that the Penske PC-1 was a Formula 1 chassis in 1974.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevracer View Post
              What was the designation of the first Penske Indy Car?

I always understood that the Penske PC-1 was a Formula 1 chassis in 1974.
              PC-5 was the first Indianapolis car. PC-1 thru PC-4 were all Formula One variations.

Comment

Does anyone know anything, or have any photos of, the Penske PC8? I've read it was a Penske Can-Am car built for the last re-start of the Can-Am series but, never raced.

Comment

here is a drawing of it.

Originally posted by racefanindy View Post
                  Does anyone know anything, or have any photos of, the Penske PC8? I've read it was a Penske Can-Am car built for the last re-start of the Can-Am series but, never raced.
                  I am blessed to have witnessed "The Greatest Spectacle In Racing" 50 times!

Comment

Originally posted by indyrjc View Post
                    It was at Michigan (Roger's track) in 1977. Tom Sneva sat the car on the pole. And it was completely white as I remember it.
                    Would this be the car?

Comment

Wow thats awesome!

Comment

Looks identical to the McLaren...
                        "An emphasis was placed on drivers with road racing backgrounds which meant drivers from open wheel, oval track racing were at a disadvantage. That led Tony George to create the IRL." -Indy Review 1996

Comment

Thanks for the PC8 pic Indy Red!

Comment

Originally posted by ensign14 View Post
                            Looks identical to the McLaren...
                            not meaning to detrail, but this comment makes me think about the '12 car - the comment above is mostly about what would be the 2012 aero bits, yet there has been no comment saying "due to the front end geometry, it was way better than the mcclaren".

sorry to dertail. now back to the regular programming.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X