Question about john paul jr.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about john paul jr.

Someone was telling me awhile back that prior to john paul jr. getting in trouble with the law that roger penske was really interested in having john paul jr. drive for him.

Is there any truth to this?

Also 1 more thing about john paul i saw he led the 1998 indy 500 was he as fast or faster than cheever or luyendyk in that race?

I know at the end it seemed like cheever was faster than john paul. He lost a lap from a pit stop.

I think he came out and got caught behind a slow or slower car and luyendyk and cheever got by him and cheever was able to stay out long enough to catch a yellow and trap john paul a lap down.

I think john paul got back on the taleend of the leadlap and he said the yellow light which comes on in the car when a yellow flag is waved came on in his car and he thought there was a yellow flag so he backed off thinking there was a yellow flag and there wasn't and cheever got back by him and lapped him again ending any chance john paul had in that race.

Does anyone know why john paul retired in 1999 was it due to his injuries when he got injured at the speedway in 1999?

I was at that race. John Paul was plenty fast early in the race and led quite a bit. I can't remember what it was, but he had some type of problem that put him behind.

At the end of the race, Cheever was hauling azz, using up every bit of the track. I thought he was going to crash more than once.

Comment

Originally posted by indyguy2
      I was at that race. John Paul was plenty fast early in the race and led quite a bit. I can't remember what it was, but he had some type of problem that put him behind.

At the end of the race, Cheever was hauling azz, using up every bit of the track. I thought he was going to crash more than once.

Yes, Eddie did. He had the classic Indy line, that was by used by Luyendyk and a few others. Put it this way, those guys used up every inch of track to go as fast as they could.
      www.dulcetroad.com

My Band's website!!!!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X