Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dale, Jr.'s pass under the line

Was it legal or not?

I saw his left side tires cross over the line when he made the move. Barely, but they were on the infield side of the paint. IIRC, the rules call for a penalty if that happens.

Benny Parsons said he didn't want to make the call (meaning he knew it was illegal but figured NASCAR would allow a bit of cheating by their most popular driver). NASCAR said "no foul".

No surprises here.

If the #8 was penalized at that point in the race, there would have been garbage all over the track.

I think he went below the line.

Comment

As we saw at Talledega a couple of years back, it's the "No Passing Below The Yellow Line Unless You're Dale Earnhardt Jr." rule.
      “We live in a great and free country only because our forefathers were willing to wage war rather than accept the peace that spells destruction” Theodore Roosevelt

"There is nothing patriotic about hating your country, or pretending that you can love your country but despise your government. There is nothing heroic about turning your back on America, or ignoring your own responsibilities." Bill Clinton

Comment

dale jr

I was watching the race with my g/f yesterday. She's never watched a nascar race before and really had no idea who any of the drivers are. She heard the announcers talking about the yellow line rule earlier in the race. Then when Dale Jr. did it she said he should be penalized cause of the rule. I told her nothing would come from it. Funny how someone who had never watched a race before could make that call, but Nascar can't.

Jason
        I want chicken I want liver meow mix meow mix please deliver

Comment

I happen to agree with the booth guys on this one. Just too close to call an infraction.

Comment

Yo - NASCAR RULES!

Or, is that Nascar rules.
            Witnessed Mario's "Miracle at Indy"...Watched 3 win their 4th Indy 500...Was there for Petty's 200th win...Saw the last Novi qualify

Comment

Originally posted by WestMcLarenF1
              As we saw at Talledega a couple of years back, it's the "No Passing Below The Yellow Line Unless You're Dale Earnhardt Jr." rule.
              Agreed.
              "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
              ~~Groucho Marx
              I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

Originally posted by Rascal
                Was it legal or not?

I saw his left side tires cross over the line when he made the move. Barely, but they were on the infield side of the paint.
                I never saw his tires cross the paint onto the other side of the line on the many, many replays. Maybe I missed where they pointed that out with conclusive video evidence? Seemed like a good non-call to me.

I wonder how you feel about TS intentionally attempting to take someone out at 190+ and getting all four tires over the line? And his 'penalty' was being sent to the end of the line. TS was not making a pass by the way. I would think that if you are miffed about the Jr. incident you are probably outraged by the TS incident, yes?

Comment

line

yes.
                  I want chicken I want liver meow mix meow mix please deliver

Comment

Originally posted by Ruok
                    I wonder how you feel about TS intentionally attempting to take someone out at 190+ and getting all four tires over the line? And his 'penalty' was being sent to the end of the line. TS was not making a pass by the way. I would think that if you are miffed about the Jr. incident you are probably outraged by the TS incident, yes?
                    Maybe you should look under Tony Stewart threads to find the answer. This one is about Dale, Jr.

Comment

Watch the tape ( if you have it )

Here`s what really happen, at the very moment that Jr went to make the pass there was a shift in the earth causing the line to move for just a very brief moment

At the blink of the eye another earth movement happen causing the line to go back to where it was

Now to prove this look at the lake in the infield and notice the huge wave happening during all of this

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎