More Tony...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Tony...

Mark Martin said that Stewart is the greatest driver of the era...sounds about right to me...

Originally posted by hdolan
    Mark Martin said that Stewart is the greatest driver of the era...sounds about right to me...
    No argument here Howard.

Comment

Mark Martin said that Stewart is the greatest driver of the era
      In other news. Jeff Gordon has been put back on suicide watch after reading that (A Greg Biffle mid summer/fall reference for those who don't get it)

Comment

Mark's a smart man.

Comment

Naming anyone "The Greatest" is always risky, but I think with Stewart's success in sprints, midgets AND Indy cars, along with being two time NASCAR champ, it would be tough to argue against this one.

The only thing missing on his remarkable resume would be an impressive session, ala, Jeff Gordon, in an F1 car. (That is if he could squeeze into one.)

Comment

From the chat thread:

"John (Zephyrhills, Florida): Tony, Mark Martin said Sunday that Tony Stewart is the greatest driver of his generation. How does that make you feel?

Tony Stewart: That is the greatest honor that you can get as a driver is to have your peers say something nice like that about you.

nick berlin wi: besides yourself who would you like to see win the nextel cup next year??

Tony Stewart: Mark Martin."
            "Foyt's mere presence is a punch in the face, an inoculation against milquestoast corporatism. There wasn't a car anywhere anyhow anytime that Foyt wouldn't put the boot to, and there hasn't been a race devised he couldn't win."
            - Jeff MacGregor, Sunday Money

Comment

Originally posted by athos1172
              From the chat thread:

"John (Zephyrhills, Florida): Tony, Mark Martin said Sunday that Tony Stewart is the greatest driver of his generation. How does that make you feel?

Tony Stewart: That is the greatest honor that you can get as a driver is to have your peers say something nice like that about you.

nick berlin wi: besides yourself who would you like to see win the nextel cup next year??

Tony Stewart: Mark Martin."
              Ive been rooting for Mark for the last 10+ years. Going out with a Championship in 2006 would be very, very fitting...

Comment

Tony is simply the best there is right now.

Oh, and don't worry about Jeff...he'll be fine.

And yes, Mark Martin winning the Championship next year would be nice.
                Chicago Blackhawks done didn't do it again!

Comment

Mark Martin while being a GOOD NASCAR driver, Couldnt hold a candle to the best cup Drivers. The guy just doesnt have that killer instinct in him To win.Never had never will. He also has made to many mental mistakes.
                  TS and JG hard to tell which one is the Better imho. Jeff Doesnt go out every where to show his stuff. He just wasnt brought up that way. But take a look back on his record it speaks for itself. Except for his run with Davis He has been a winner No make that more than likely to be its Champion in every series He has ran in.
                  Far be it from Me though to try to compare him To Tony, There is no real way. I am just glad I have had the opportunity to watch both of them at the top of their game in My life time.
                  aXe
                  Born Again Race Fan seen at
                  www.openwheelracers3.com

Comment

Originally posted by hdolan
                    "I think of Indianapolis every day of the year, every hour of the day, and when I sleep, too. Everything I ever wanted in my life, I found inside the walls of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. I love it all, from the first to the last day in May. The moment that race starts is always the greatest moment of my life, and the day I win that race, it will be as if my life has ended. There is nothing more I could want out of life."
                    - Eddie Sachs."

Comment

AXE;

I'm not tryin' to start nuttin', cause you certainly weren't, but all dem dudes for years after them IROC butt whoopins' can say is; MARK MARTIN, YEP!
                      Proud to be a Gomer, since 1963:nod::nod::nod::nod:
                      Indianapolis Colts, Super Bowl Champions!:cool_shad

Comment

Mark Martin is one of the best race drivers ever in my opinion. Better then some who won Cups. He can drive anything I think. I think he'd have been great in an Indycar too.

He has a killer instinct. I've seen him weave through traffic when going for a win sometimes that just made me hold my breath. He did have a couple mistakes that may have cost hima title and the team has also made some mistakes that probably cost him at leat one. I've always been glad he got to show his stuff in IROC and Busch also.

Mark Martin's style of tuning his cars to be better on long runs has hurt him a lot in the current era of Nascar 'competition yellows' since he gets beat on the 8-10 lap dashes many times after he was probably going to win if it stayed green. That makes it look as if he lacks the killer instinct.

Jeff Gordon may still have a claim to best driver of the era. I think Stewart is right there though.

I cracked up one time listening to a radio show during one season when Jeff Gordon was on fire. Back in the mid-nineties. The radio host was asking who was the worlds greatest athlete and asking for calls. And he said "NOBODY better call in and say Jeff Gordon!"
                        Got to watch out for those Libertarians - they want to take over the government and leave everyone alone!

Comment

While I never cheer against any racecar driver I make no bones about having Jeff, Tony and Ryan as my three most favorite drivers in NASCAR. They are the three open wheel rooted drivers from Indiana and this is why they are my favorites. (I know Jeff is adopted perhaps but he calls Pitsboro his home and that is good enough for me!)

Ever since going to Daytona for the first time in 1963, Jigger and I were cheering for A.J., Parnelli, JR and the other open wheel guys to win over the stock car guys so this has been my cheering thought for as long as I've enjoyed NASCAR racing.

I've always considered Mark as one of the best drivers in racing. I also consider him one of the headiest drivers around too. His success makes me very happy and if one of my three favorites can't win the cup then I'd support Mark to win one with no trouble at all!
                          RacerRich

Good judgement comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgement.

Comment

Originally posted by harrington.jack
                            AXE;

I'm not tryin' to start nuttin', cause you certainly weren't, but all dem dudes for years after them IROC butt whoopins' can say is; MARK MARTIN, YEP!
                            It is pretty well known that the IROC series is pretty much Who gets the best draw.
                            Mark seems to come up with it more than anyone else.
                            Just My opinion If there were ten cup drivers available Mark wouldnt make to My top ten.
                            Mark is a nice guy represents His sponsership very well. But Like I said before He doesnt have that kILLER INSTINCT to do what it takes to win! I can think of numerous races where his sights were set on a winning run but He didnt get it done.
                            aXe
                            Born Again Race Fan seen at
                            www.openwheelracers3.com

Comment

It is pretty well known that the IROC series is pretty much Who gets the best draw. Mark seems to come up with it more than anyone else.
                              Ahh, yes, that's why Mark won so many IROC's. Luck of the draw.
                              Got to watch out for those Libertarians - they want to take over the government and leave everyone alone!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X