Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN chat with Tony Stewart (edited & long)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN chat with Tony Stewart (edited & long)

Below is the espn.com chat with smoke - enjoy...i did...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kevin (Pensacola, FL): Congrats, now that you have two cup championships what goals do you have left in your career? (Besides more cup championships)

Tony Stewart: We want to win the Daytona 500 and another championship.

mark phoenix, az: man, your the greatest driver! that home depot team should be greatful having you for a driver! my question is what do you do in the off season?

Tony Stewart: Pretty much just hang out with friends and family. Ride four wheelers and my Jeep on my property in southern Indiana.

Brian - Reno Nevada: Do you think NASCAR fans support the chase not having Junior or Jeff Gordon in it this year?

Tony Stewart: I dont know if the fans support it or not, it's still the ten guys that get the most points -- it's not a popularity contest.

Mick Batavia, IL`: Tony, Are there any plans on starting your own team in the Nextel Cup soon? Mick

Tony Stewart: No way, Jose. I'm not sure I could deal with the politics.

SG from Indy: Tony, is there a chance at some point in your career you'll come back to Indycars and race for the Indy 500?

Tony Stewart: As much as my heart wants to go back to the Indy 500, I'm not sure that that's not a time in my racing career that has passed already. .... But, you never know. ...

Charles Davis/wash,d.c: Do You see yourself with Gibbs racing for sometime to come? Or is it a possibility you could be changing race teams in the near future? Congrads on this years cup!

Tony Stewart: I honestly can't imagine not being with Joe Gibbs racing, Zippy, and the team.

John Morton: You're an animal, how do you do it week in and week out? Your crew must be phenominal, what kind of bonuses will they get for Christmas this year? Congrats Tony.

Tony Stewart: The scary part is, I have to pay bonuses to 300 team members this year, so I don't know what it will be, but I'm sure they'll enjoy it.

greg: nashville, tn: Great year Tony! What kind of dogs do you have and how is your pet monkey doing?

Tony Stewart: I have a 6 pound chihuahua named Kayle, and MoJo is doing great ... when he is not tearing up the house.

Bobby Elizabethtown PA: Do you plan on getting in trouble next year? (racing)

Tony Stewart: I don't plan on it, but I don't normally plan on it either, and considering my string of five stright years of fines and probation, I find it hard to believe that I won't get in some sort of trouble next year.

Chad: Knoxville, IA: Congratulations Tony!! Glad to see you back on top. Do you think you'll ever be more involved in sprint cars someday in the future?

Tony Stewart: I don't know how to be more involved than a car owner in the new NSL series and owning Eldora Speedway. So, I think I'm pretty much covered in the sprint car world.

Bill, Levittown PA: Where do you think NASCAR ranks among the top 4 "traditional sports" in American. Are you guys behind or ahead of the NFL and baseball??

Tony Stewart: I think we are second behind the NFL right now. I think part of the reason for that is NFL is basically a wintertime sport where people are inside more.

Mike (Laguna Niguel, Ca): Tony Congrats again on a great season! When you look back at the chase, which race do you feel "won" the chase for you?

Tony Stewart: I'm not sure there was 'one', I mean, they all counted.

Mike, Madison WI: How do you plan to celebrate your victories next year now that the climbing the fence has been done?

Tony Stewart: Keep climbing fences, the fans seem to like it and I feel like it's brining me closer to my racefans. So, I'll keep doing it as long as they enjoy it.

Mat (Scottsdale, AZ): Smoke, so much for Knauss playing mind games huh?

Tony Stewart: I think he learned his lesson, but also, he was one of the first guys to come down and congratulate us after we won the championship on Sunday night.

Rob: Chaska, MN: Who were your biggest mentors in racing when you were growing up?

Tony Stewart: AJ Foyt, Steve Kinser, Rick Mears, and Dale Earnhardt.

jim farmer (dixon ill): hey sean salsbury how do you say in one breath that the minn. vikings will beat chicago on one show,and the next show talk about how,if chicago wins they could be the best team in the NFC? Is that supposed to show you know what your talking about?

Tony Stewart: Dude, you're in the wrong chat. This is a racing chat ...no pigskin here.

Reynaldo (Cheyenne, Wyoming): Soldier in Iraq here, its 9:18 pm. Do you, or any other drivers plan on visiting the troops overseas?

Tony Stewart: I think people are trying to plan some trips. I'm trying to get the details.

Mac (Vienna, VA): Smoke, how has Paul Alepa's training assisted you and Joe Gibbs racing with the success you've had?

Tony Stewart: My workout program consists of fence climbing, 12 oz Coke curls and right thumb up channel - left thumb up volume.

Ryan (Birmingham, Alabama): Tony, no one likes you or racing. LET'S PLAY SOME FOOTBALL

Tony Stewart: Ryan, nobody cares what you think ... Nobody likes you. If nobody likes ME, why are there thousands of questions coming in right now?

Carp (Columbus, OH): Great year Smoke! What was the beverage of choice for you for the party with your team after clinching this past weekend?

Tony Stewart: I had a couple of beers with Zippy, before going to bed and getting ready to come to New York the next day.

John (Zephyrhills, Florida): Tony, Mark Martin said Sunday that Tony Stewart is the greatest driver of his generation. How does that make you feel?

Tony Stewart: That is the greatest honor that you can get as a driver is to have your peers say something nice like that about you.

nick berlin wi: besides yourself who would you like to see win the nextel cup next year??

Tony Stewart: Mark Martin.

Thomas, NY: I don't follow NASCAR. Why are you so controversial, like the Madonna of racing?

Tony Stewart: Because what you see is what you get. I don't sugarcoat anything.

Mary Ann -SmokeVIP Member: Great answer to Ryan. He should know better than play mind games with you!

Tony Stewart: We'll give Ryan Chad Knaus' number.

Kenny (NC): NASCAR is a mindless sport with little or no strategy. It is for the lower class and lower IQs of society. I also do not like the racism which is subliminally (do you know the definition of that word, boy) involved in this niche of scoiety.

Tony Stewart: Obviously, you know nothing of what you are talking about. There are more Fortune 500 companies involved in NASCAR than any other sport. You obviously have no clue how much technology or pit or race strategy is involved and how much is involved in putting the proper setup in a Nextel Cup car. ... And since you've spoken without doing your homework, we'll help get you back up to speed. Joe Gibbs racing was the first Nextel Cup team to develop a driver diversity program (and NASCAR also has one of its own). So, do your homework before you come in trashing on my sport, Kenny.

Mat (Scottsdale, AZ): Do you follow other sports? If so what are your favorite teams? Pacers and Colts?

Tony Stewart: Yes, I follow the Indianapolis Colts and the Washington Redskins. We like football, even though it's apparent that some football fans don't like NASCAR.

Carp (Columbus): Check and mate

Tony Stewart: Need we say more?

Mike (D): Kenny, you spelled society wrong.

Tony Stewart: Kenny, say it with me ... spellcheck.

Thomas Atlanta, Ga: How bout some love for the Atlanta Falcons? Gotta have that relationship with Home Depot and the Falcons...

Tony Stewart: Sorry to have left out the Falcons when Arthur Blank left Home Depot, I was excited to hear that he bought the Falcons.

Chris Gladstone, MI: Forget about Kenny, Tony, do you do any other racing in the offseason? Snowmobles, ice racing ect?

Tony Stewart: We do Zippy's charity snowmobile ride in New York in January.

Ryan (Birmingham): How is it exciting to watch cars go around in circles for 4 hours.

Tony Stewart: Welcome back, Ryan. We've missed you.
    If you knew more about the sport and understood it better, you could answer your own question.

Jeff (DC): Tony, You're the man! Would you like more night races late in the season so we(and you) can enjoy both sports of NFL and NASCAR?

Tony Stewart: Absolutely.

Jill (Maryland): Will you marry me?

Tony Stewart: Jill, send a full-length photo and a resume.

Kyle(Chicago, IL): Tony how is the dirt track business going?

Tony Stewart: All of my dirt track teams are doing great. Everything at Eldora went great this year and we're excited about future improvements for next year.

Wade (Texas): Does Jill have a bass boat?

Tony Stewart: I hope so. ... But if not, we'll use mine.

Chris (CT): Aniston or Jolie?

Tony Stewart: Both.

Jake (Houston): Hey I just wanna say Congrats on the cup. I just wanna say that I appreciate the fact that you dont really care what people think and just say what you feel and dont just try to please the media.

Tony Stewart: I feel the same way. And that's what I like about my fans, Jake, you think the same way as I do.

Tony Stewart: Thanks for all the questions, gotta go. See you when I see you!
    "We won a few races here and there, but the magic died the day Helmet melted." - Doc Austin on slotcar champion Michael Shannon

Ryan must have appreciated getting his balls busted by Smoke.

Wonder if Jill ever sent the full photo and resume?

Comment

"jim farmer (dixon ill): hey sean salsbury how do you say in one breath that the minn. vikings will beat chicago on one show,and the next show talk about how,if chicago wins they could be the best team in the NFC? Is that supposed to show you know what your talking about?

Tony Stewart: Dude, you're in the wrong chat. This is a racing chat ...no pigskin here. "
      "Foyt's mere presence is a punch in the face, an inoculation against milquestoast corporatism. There wasn't a car anywhere anyhow anytime that Foyt wouldn't put the boot to, and there hasn't been a race devised he couldn't win."
      - Jeff MacGregor, Sunday Money

Comment

Tony is also on the wrong forum. Shouldn't this be a NASCAR item? Tony himself has zero interest in the IRL or the Indy 500.
        Get your head out of your past!!!

Comment

"As much as my heart wants to go back to the Indy 500..."
          "Foyt's mere presence is a punch in the face, an inoculation against milquestoast corporatism. There wasn't a car anywhere anyhow anytime that Foyt wouldn't put the boot to, and there hasn't been a race devised he couldn't win."
          - Jeff MacGregor, Sunday Money

Comment

Originally posted by athos1172
            "As much as my heart wants to go back to the Indy 500..."
            "...I'm not sure that that's not a time in my racing career that has passed already."

Comment

Like one poster's sig line:

" The BY400, Everything the Indy 500 used to be. "

Comment

Originally posted by lutesk
                Like one poster's sig line:

" The BY400, Everything the Indy 500 used to be. "
                That might be true but I haven't attended the Brickyard 400 yet to get on board. I am a NASCAR and IRL fan but the Brickyard comes first in my heart no matter what the race.
                Davydd (Anglicized Welsh name for David...that's all)
                Certified BPT Taster Pursuing Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches
                Long lost Speedway Sparkplug thrashing about in the deep woods of Minnesota

Comment

Originally posted by Davydd
                  That might be true but I haven't attended the Brickyard 400 yet to get on board. I am a NASCAR and IRL fan but the Brickyard comes first in my heart no matter what the race.
                  Me as well. 25 Indy 500's in a row. That being said, this years BY 400 had it all; and by and large, I'm not much of a NASCAR fan.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X