Casey Mears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casey Mears

Thought I heard that tonight was Casey's last ride in the #41 car. But that he would still be with TCGR.

Help me out here? Does anyone know the details?

Takes over the Texaco car...
    "IRL is better at everything except selling themselves." -- Jennifer Floyd Engel, ESPN/103.3 FM

Comment

Thanks - Quick Answer!

Then who gets the #41?

Dan Weldon??!!

Comment

Reed Sorenson
        "IRL is better at everything except selling themselves." -- Jennifer Floyd Engel, ESPN/103.3 FM

Comment

I wonder why in the last few races, Mears seems to be in contention? Sad to say, the late caution hurt his chances for a win.

Comment

I also wonder why Dave Blaney was so strong in his last race with the car he drove at Homestead. It's reported he is looking for a ride next year. I've seen these deals before and always wonder why they happen.
            RacerRich

Good judgement comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgement.

Comment

So how bout them cautions

Casey was obviously bewildered post race at the timing of the cuations--both times with tony about to go a lap down. first time I didn't see any debris--second time it was a spring rubber which more often then not would be ignored by nascar.............unless they are trying to set up a close finish.

So do you think if Jimmy Johnson was winning that caution would have been thrown?

Comment

Nascar clearly throws competition yellows. It's a joke.

I think there's less chance it'd been thrown if Johnson was leading but the bs caution still hurt Biffle's chances to win it all. But Nascar doesn't like Roush so they didn't care about that.
                Got to watch out for those Libertarians - they want to take over the government and leave everyone alone!

Comment

I think Casey Mears got jobbed. He was running away from the pack and the finishe would have been uneventful with him winning. The yellow was manufactured in my opinion. They seem to only call debris yellows toward the ends of races or when the races start getting out of hand competitively. Everything is designed to keep them all together. Tony stayed out in hopes of leading for 5 more points and Blaney wrecked that strategy yet he managed to pit a lap later and stay in position. Tell me how that can be done on a debris yellow.
                  Davydd (Anglicized Welsh name for David...that's all)
                  Certified BPT Taster Pursuing Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches
                  Long lost Speedway Sparkplug thrashing about in the deep woods of Minnesota

Comment

Originally posted by NoviVespa
                    I wonder why in the last few races, Mears seems to be in contention? Sad to say, the late caution hurt his chances for a win.
                    Casey does good at tracks similar to Texas and Homestead.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X