Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Props to Tony Stewart

Smart driving wins the championship.

FWIW on Trackpass he was faster than all the cars he was ahead of when the last "competition yellow" came out, so IMHO it did not affect the championship, although it certainly affected the outcome of the race.
    Last edited by nascarnation; 11-20-2005, 06:48 PM.
    Road racing is doomed...what this country needs is a big new racetrack designed for automobiles instead of horses. C.G. Fisher

Go Jim Bryan...Tony is the man...

Comment

Way to go Tony!
      #BCForever

Comment

Congrats to Tony. Do those of us who picked Tony in the top 3 in this week's pickem get any points with Tony winning the championship?
        quote:
        "It is sad that open-wheel racing has become a buy a ride situation, but it is what it is."

Comment

Great Race!

Congrats to Tony for the championship. Congrats to Biffle for giving his all to come in second in the championship and winning the race. Thanks to Mark Martin for being competitive to the end. Oops! I forgot he is coming back next year. Thanks to Jimmie Johnson for blowing a tire. I could relax. If Biffle or Edwards managed to edge Tony I would not have been devastated. Not so with Johnson.
          Davydd (Anglicized Welsh name for David...that's all)
          Certified BPT Taster Pursuing Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches
          Long lost Speedway Sparkplug thrashing about in the deep woods of Minnesota

Comment

Center Grove Trojans
            2008 5A Football State Champs
            2015 6A Football State Champs
            2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
            2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Congrats Tony

A great job done all season long.

We can still hope to see him win the Indy 500 someday.

Comment

Originally posted by Davydd
                Thanks to Jimmie Johnson for blowing a tire. I could relax. If Biffle or Edwards managed to edge Tony I would not have been devastated. Not so with Johnson.
                I was the same way. I wanted Tony to win. But I was also Anybody But Jiminie.
                I was hoping that when he spun it was Gordon that took him out

But way to go to Tony Stewart. The first ever Winston Cup & Nextel Cup championship.

Comment

Great job Tony (and crew)!

Comment

Before the season started I picked Jimmie to win the Cup. He certainly was a factor all year. I am elated that one of my big three ends up winning the championship!! Tony and the #20 team definitely went on a tear to win this Cup Championship. It's great to see the 'changed' Tony enjoying and seemingly appreciating this major victory much more than his first one. Congratulations to the whole race team!!
                    RacerRich

Good judgement comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgement.

Comment

Congratulations, Tony!!! You wonder, if Jimmie pitted and got tires and went a lap down. Then gets lucky dog and wins race.

Comment

Tony is a true racer, and seems to have grown up a lot the last few years. He is the guy I would want behind the wheel in one must win race.

Comment

Tony can win in anything with wheels or tracks.
                          All rides are bought. But occasionally the currency is talent.

Comment

Originally posted by NoviVespa
                            Congratulations, Tony!!! You wonder, if Jimmie pitted and got tires and went a lap down. Then gets lucky dog and wins race.

After further thought, maybe he would not have won the championship. But, how many positions did he lose in points race by not pitting for new tires?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X