Rousch Strikes Back at NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rousch Strikes Back at NASCAR

Deprives NASCAR of its defending champion for last two races of his reign.

It's not like KB was convicted of DWI like Scott Wimmer, who never missed anything as a result.

I'm sure there will be literally tens of people who won't watch without Kurt Busch racing.

Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2015 6A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Detector
      I'm sure there will be literally tens of people who won't watch without Kurt Busch racing.

LMAO

Good one TD

Comment

Again,,, Truthy,,, "Hit's One Over the Fence"

Aloha Truthful One,,,

You are going to have to start "Proofing",,,,

That one is worth one more of them,,, "Much Coveted",,, Bingo Awards,,,,

That was funny,,,,

Big

PS: Truthy,,, you are spot on,,, with the drinking and driving crap... There is no "other" valid argument...

One Drink,,, Equals Impairment,,, it's that simple...

Ask these same vocal internet pinheads,,, if they'd like the guy sitting "Up Front" in their 747 or G-5,,, to have a couple of "hit's"... See if it's OK with them Truthy,,, if the two guys up front have a couple of beers with lunch,,, right before they have to shoot a 1/4 by 200 into SFO or ORD in the ice and snow ???? These same pinheads would cry bloody murder...

Stay right on them Truthy,,, remember,,, just hold their heads underwater,,, until they quit shaking....
        Yes,,, Yes,,, Tony,,,

Your Grandfather was a friend of Roger Penske,,,

Your Grandfather did business with Roger Penske,,, but

Your Grandfather never trusted Roger Penske,,,

Comment

Originally posted by BigWheelHawaii
          Ask these same vocal internet pinheads,,, if they'd like the guy sitting "Up Front" in their 747 or G-5,,, to have a couple of "hit's"... See if it's OK with them Truthy,,, if the two guys up front have a couple of beers with lunch,,, right before they have to shoot a 1/4 by 200 into SFO or ORD in the ice and snow ???? These same pinheads would cry bloody murder...
          Vocal internet pinheads

Landing an airplane in the ice and snow and driving home after a drink at a restaurant. Exactly the same thing. Perfect example.

This is why I said I was reluctant to wade into this. Emotion very clearly wins out over logic on this topic (and for those who have lost someone to a drunk driver, that is quite understandable). There is a reason the government does not arrest people for driving under the influence after one or two drinks. To equate that with pounding a six pack (or more) is not rational, IMO.

This isn't worth continued debate, as it appears to be a 'two sides who will never agree type of thing'.
          Eff LBD!

Comment

Originally posted by mstove
            This isn't worth continued debate, as it appears to be a 'two sides who will never agree type of thing'.

I'll drink to that.....but then I won't drive.

BTW, thanks Big. Long time no see. I hope all is well.
            Center Grove Trojans
            2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

I'll drink to that.....but then I won't drive.
              Sounds like a plan
              Eff LBD!

Comment

Actually it might bring back the Jimmy Spencer fans... so it might end up a wash.

"Ooh woo, I'm a Rebel just for kicks, now
                I been feeling it since 1966, now..."

Comment

It might not be as dangerous as driving drunk but it is more dangerous than driving without influence at all.
                  Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who is the Keenest of them all?

Comment

''
                    Roush's words from yesterday;

"Kurt had been a challenge for everybody that interacted with him on the team at some time or other," Roush said yesterday. ''He used up his equity with his sponsors. He used up his equity with me. Barring real contrition --
                    an understanding that what he had done was something he was truly sorry about and he would make a commitment to everybody that he wouldn't do those things -- there was no reason to back up from it."

''With the outrage in the broader community and the embarrassment that we felt for it," Roush said, ''it was just time for Kurt to fix his problem and let the rest of us move on."

Comment

Every time he opens his pie hole, Roush sounds like a bigger idiot. All this tells me is that Busch was a pain in the ass the entire time he drove for Roush. Jack only got tired of it when Kurt snubbed him by moving to Penske.
                      "The problem with internet quotes and statistics is that often times, they're wrongfully believed to be real." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by LorenzoBandini
                        Every time he opens his pie hole, Roush sounds like a bigger idiot. All this tells me is that Busch was a pain in the ass the entire time he drove for Roush. Jack only got tired of it when Kurt snubbed him by moving to Penske.

There's probably a lot of truth there.
                        Center Grove Trojans
                        2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

i'm sure there are no other nascar drivers that had ONE drink and drove in the vicinity of that track that weekend right?

there's a lot about this we'll never know, but it sure looks like a witchhunt to me.

if kurt was liked, we'd never have heard of this. of couse , if he wasn't a jerk, he would have pulled over for the cop.

but nevertheless, jerk or not, he's not being treated fairly.

jeff olsen's piece made me puke, in once sentence he's talking about Kurt driving after having ' a few' drinks, in the next, he's telling us the BAC was 017.

so he know he was lying when he said ' a few' .

the santimonious ramblings here about one being to much before driving is a joke.

I go to hooters, I order a beer, fosters on tap usually. Then I wait for me food, then I eat it, then about 60-90 minutes later, usually with about an inch of warm beer left in the glass, I leave.

I 'm not even remotely near being impaired when I do that, and if you want to think I am, get off your high horse. People driving home tired after a long day at work are more impaired than I am in that situation.

and please, DON'T try to change the law to avenge some wrong that has been committed against you or your family.
                          the people driving drunk and killing people will do it whether the legal limit is .10, .08, or .00001.

I heard some people think any one ever convicted of a DUI should have special license plate they have to use for the rest of their lives.

why don' t you just put a scarlet letter on all their clothes?

if you want to be that harsh and judgemental in dealing with the world, get ready for taste of your own medicine.

I'm willing to wager you aren't perfect either. And when the right political group trains its sights on your weakness, whether it's booze/drugs/eating too much/watching too much tv/smoking/gambling/eating deep fried breaded wings in a place where pretty girls smile at you, or any other activitity that some group of people might decide needs to be eradicated,,,,you may learn some compassion.

none of this is intended to say those who really actually do have problems drinking and driving shouldn't be in jail .
                          they should.

but let's not be ridiculous . this is the land of the free and the home of the brave. you have to put up with some risks if you want your own freedom.
                          It's a brand new day.

Comment

Nitro, your argument could be used in defense of almost anything illegal or unsafe. Again I'm amazed at those willing to defend drinking & driving.

BTW, what makes you so sure he only had one drink? If you're basing it on his BAC then you're assuming he just had the drink right before taking the breathalyzer. On what grounds do you make that assumption?

Oh, and in your grand conspiracy...who was it that made Kurt Busch act like a complete a-hole?
                            Center Grove Trojans
                            2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

Uh, he got a break when the breathalyzer at the track malfunctioned.....

His sponsor was understandably outraged. Millions of dollars don't allow excuses.

No one remembers why Robbie Moroso is dead.....

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X